Strategist - The PartnersThis job listing has expired
We are one of the world’s most awarded branding agencies and the most awarded branding and design agency at Cannes. We have operated from our London studio for 30 years, our New York office for five years and Singapore for two years. As part of WPP, we are positioned as the creative alternative to the big, networked branding agencies.
Our client mix is intentionally varied, and ranges from global consumer and B2B brands to arts organisations and retailers. There are about 60 of us, a vibrant mix of brand strategists, designers and account managers. Our aim is simply to be the most creative agency in the world.
OUR WORK AND APPROACH
Our ethos has always been of excellence in creative thinking and delivery. We deliver brand strategy, design and innovation ideas for clients who require outstandingly creative solutions. Our ideas and craft skills span the whole spectrum of an organisation’s needs and activities but are always motivated by our desire to create unique and remarkable results. Our approach shows creativity, craftsmanship, confidence and collaboration and we expect everyone at The Partners to uphold our values.
Is this a job description?
Yes. It is an overview to help you navigate your job, your responsibilities and the skills needed to do your job. It is not an exhaustive list of tasks. This replaces your existing job description.
How can it help me?
- By helping you to identify areas within your job you can develop.
- Other job descriptions are available to help you identify potential areas for promotion that can be discussed as part of your October/November appraisal.
WHAT DOES THE PARTNERS EXPECT OF ME AS A STRATEGIST?
The overall purpose of my job as a Strategist is three-fold:
1. To devise the strategies which guide clients and design teams through major branding programmes ensuring we achieve the best possible creative solutions for the client
2. To create the content and relationships required to convert new business opportunities.
3. To promote The Partners as industry thought leaders
- To combine acute analytical skills with breakthrough creative thinking, while keeping the practicalities of the client’s world in mind.
- To quickly form points of view on opportunities for new business and with existing clients that immediately demonstrate to clients ‘we get it’ and are their best choice as a partner.
- To build on the quality and depth of The Partners client servicing and become a trusted advisor and sparring partner to clients.
- To make contributions to The Partners strategic offer, chiefly through the publication of written thought leadership.
- To nurture and encourage the design teams to achieve the highest standards of creative solutions for the client.
- To act as role model for the more junior members of the team.
1. Winning New Business
- I keep abreast of market intelligence in order to add depth to the strategic offer I have for clients.
- I play a major proactive role in creating winning pitch strategies, developing the core content, as well as coaching and supporting the design team.
- I work in collaboration with the Business Development Director and others to achieve a high pitch win ratio.
- I do this by using my ability to understand the client’s strategic business and my specialist business, branding and communications experience.
- I am productive, collaborative, and have the focus and energy to make things happen.
2. Research, Analysis and Strategy
- I lead pre-design research and analysis, exploring strategic alternatives and recommend key actions and decisions.
- I lead the strategic thinking – boiling down the client’s brief to its key issues and coming up with breakthrough solutions, which are conveyed in a compelling way through presentations and other documents.
- I undertake work on positioning, brand value definitions, brand architecture, and brand experience problems.
- I take the lead on developing the creative brief, in collaboration with the Creative Directors.
- I am self-motivated and manage my time effectively so I can stay involved with new business and thought leadership even while delivering strategy work on major client programmes.
3. Thought leadership
- I’m voracious in my consumption of marketing and other media.
- I do so critically and form my own ideas and opinions.
- I have a view on the future of marketing, branding and other aspects of how business and communication interact with culture and technology.
- I write with eloquence, clarity and ingenuity, even when the task requires a quick turn-around.
- My deep understanding of research and markets allows me to design the research and other frameworks needed to produce whitepapers that would feel at home in any top management consultancy.
- Whether short media comments, blog-posts, or sophisticated whitepapers – I find writing easy, enjoy it, and people like reading what I write.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Digital Marketing Manager for Goodlord
Closing 6 October 2017
Marketing Executive FTC - Global Training Network
Closing 16 October 2017
- Premier Media
- temp, temp to perm
- £125 to 150 p/a
Want more Strategist - The Partners jobs?
Want to find more Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Digital Strategists jobs, Digital Analyst jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Business Development Director jobs, Marketing Director jobs, Researcher jobs, Archive Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.