The Strategic Analyst will form part of the Strategic Analytics team which shapes the UK Credit Cards strategy using data analytics as the key competitive tool. The primary purpose of the role is to undertake business intelligence and reporting and general analytical data support for the UK Cards consumer business. You will ensure timely and accurate reporting is available to service the business and support a wide range of Barclaycard business functions with stakeholders in, but not limited to, Strategic Analytics, Commercial & Finance teams & Control functions.
What will you be doing?
• Running standardised code (SAS/SQL or other) to produce regular daily/weekly/monthly reports and produce data output on an on-going basis.
• Identifying, evaluating & delivering MI (management information) to support the needs of, Strategic Analytics, Control and Governance & Finance stakeholders.
• Working with Central and business Control teams to build automated end to end solutions that deliver data and MI to stakeholders effectively and efficiently.
• Establishing requirements for data cubes to effectively deliver reporting solutions and collaborate with technology to implement effectively.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders across the UK Cards business that are either owners, providers or consumers of related data MI.
• Delivering to the requirements on type of insights required by stakeholders.
• You will act as a subject matter Expert for UK Cards data and support Strategic Analytics in sharing knowledge & best practices in coding.
• Ensuring all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance.
What we’re looking for:
• Hands-on experience working with analytics and data visualisation tools used in industry today e.g. SAS, Teradata, Hadoop (Hive/Impala), Tableau.
• Experience in extracting, analysing and presenting complicated data sets into ‘business-speak’ insights for senior executives.
• The ability to collate, extract, interrogate and analyse data and make recommendations.
• Strong data analysis skills and knowledge.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Understanding or working knowledge of data science tools e.g. Python (Pandas), Scala/Spark.
• Experience in the UK retail banking and/or consumer payments sector.
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We will consider applications from job share applicants.
SEO Assistant - Nasty Gal
Closing 21 November 2019
Closing 28 October 2019
- Creative Recruitment
- £23,000 to 28,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.