Storytelling Editor (6 month FTC)
About The Role:
Our Storytelling Editor will play a key role in crafting the output of this team. We’re looking for someone who’s used to working as part of team and at pace.
You’ll need the skills to creatively craft edits that tell an engaging story, as well being able to produce creative motion design and graphics.
Whilst you’ll normally work closely with the producer, writer and content creator (videographer) you’ll also be the teams representative when they are out and about on shoots. So you’ll need to have the confidence to make creative decisions and be happy interacting with stakeholders from the rest of the business, which would include creative, marketing, PR & board level executives.
You’ll need lots of energy, loads of creative ideas and the technical skills to edit insightful, informative and entertaining content on the fly.
You’ll need to be able to execute a brief, but we’re also looking for someone with a curious nature who loves asking why and has an opinion on how to shape a narrative.
You’ll be supported by a strong team with each role playing an equally important part in the creative process. So, if all the above is ticking the right boxes so far, take a look at the details below.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing:
• Collaborate with the Storytelling team on crafting compelling AO focused content.
• Take responsibility for your output and always strive to push creativity.
• Structure and craft video edits for a range of channels and audiences.
• Understand the narrative and help shape it in a visually engaging way.
• Proactively experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring different directions.
• Source library footage and music as required.
• Attend shoots where required and work a flexible schedule as required.
• Attend briefings, advising and sense checking on feasibility and budget implications.
• Build strong relationships with the Storytelling team and wider business.
• Inspire, influence, protect and deliver creative work we can all be proud of.
A Few Things About You:
• A creatively led editor who loves to get stuck in, with a standout showreel.
• Highly creative, detail-orientated and deadline driven.
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere, After Effects and other creative suite applications.
• Compositing skills and fluency in colour correction and grading.
• A Passion for Motion Design, Animation, Typography and Design.
• Expert knowledge of the editorial and storytelling process.
• Experienced in creating formats for online and social.
• You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can work on multiple projects with varying timelines.
• You’re an excellent communicator.
• You’ll be comfortable taking direction and feedback from multiple stakeholders and levels across the business.
• You’re curious of mind and like to stay on top of the latest production, editing and film making trends.
• Excellent multi-tasking and self-management skills. Also be able to take direction and feedback.
• You’ll have previous and substantial experience in a similar role - perhaps within an agency or post house / production company.
• Experience in Motion Design would be also be a bonus.
A Bit About Us:
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
Want more Storytelling Editor (6 month FTC) jobs?
Want to find more Editor jobs, Avid Editor jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.