Staff UX Designer, Search Verticals
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Candidates will typically have 8 years of experience in product design or UX.
- Master's degree in HCI, Design, UX, or a related field.
- Experience in conversational design and interface, enterprise, and AI/ML.
- Experience applying Interaction Design to solve product challenges.
- Experience with design sensibilities and process.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and storytelling skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
About the job:
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. The job of an Interaction Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and even magical. In an Interaction Designer role, you’ll address complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for billions of people around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
In Google Search, we're reimagining what it means to search for information – any way and anywhere. To do that, we need to solve complex engineering challenges and expand our infrastructure, while maintaining a universally accessible and useful experience that people around the world rely on. In joining the Search team, you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on billions of people globally.
- Create experiences for Search premium users that meet and redefine user needs.
- Develop wireframes, flows, and decks to further the work of the team and user experience.
- Work and collaborate to ensure cohesive experiences across Search Premium, Search overall, and with Product and Engineering team partners to deliver great experiences.
- Influence UX work and requirements in other related Google experiences to further the Search Premium mission.
- Manage opportunities for cross-team improvements on frameworks and processes.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Designer - WW Woven Tops/Shirts & Skirts
Closing 24 March 2024
- ASOS plc
Senior Digital Designer - Marketing
Closing 22 March 2024
- Welwyn Garden City
Product Design Lead
Closing 23 March 2024
Want more Staff UX Designer, Search Verticals jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.