Staff UI/UX Designer
As part of the Smith & Nephew Human Factors & Design team the Staff User Interface Designer will drive, shape and lead UI/UX efforts across a number of Smith & Nephew's life changing device programs. You will demonstrate and champion user-centered design principals, employ UI/UX best-practices, identify unmet needs and generate design requirements for global surgical device systems.
- Support the Human Factors & Design team in the creation and implementation of strategic UI/UX initiatives
- Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders in order to maintain design intent across capital equipment systems and mobile device based applications.
- Work with software development teams to design and test prototypes; i.e. low fidelity wireframes to high-fidelity interactive simulations.
- Create UI specifications; i.e. screen designs, asset creation and management, animations, sounds, etc.
- Contribute to the planning, execution and documentation of formative and summative usability studies at they relate to the UI/UX.
- Drive a consistent user experience across S&N systems.
- Maintain a network of external contacts who can be referred to for advice when appropriate.
- Contribute to usability research across multiple programs to understand users (clinicians and lay users), use environments, user characteristics, behaviors and constraint.
- 12+ years’ experience in product development.
- Understanding of UI/UX in the healthcare industry.
- Understanding of physical and digital production constraints.
- Knowledge of Usability/Human Factors with experience working on medical devices, capital equipment a plus.
- Strong organizational, prioritization and communication skills.
- Experienced understanding the user context at a deep level by using techniques such as naturalistic observation.
- Proven experience with design methodologies such as sketching, storyboarding, wire framing, prototyping, etc.
- Proven experience creating software applications that ensures a consistent user experience across multiple products.
- Experienced creating applications where clinical safety and efficiency are simultaneously achieved.
- Experienced creating applications that takes into account our disparate demographics.
- Experienced creating applications where localization and internationalization has to be done for the application to be adopted globally.
- Experienced creating UI for software applications that have cross-platform use (example desktop, tablet, mobile).
- You know and care about the business.
- You focus on the customer.
- You build positive relationships.
- You Embraces Innovation and Change Management.
- You deliver on commitments.
- You value People.
- Minimum BSc in relevant area (Human-Computer Interaction, UI/UX, Graphic Design, Industrial Design).
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Project and Visio.
- Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure or similar.
- Travel Up to 25%.
- Not a budget holder but responsible for selecting partners and defining / monitoring Scope of Work which may exceed $100k.
- Build and maintain internal relationships.
- This role will predominantly involve communication with other functions at a similar level and functional managers of other departments.
- Your day will include extensive communication with third party authorities.
- You will be able to engage with external human factors and design partners.
- You will take advice regarding overall strategic direction on projects from HF Director. Requires little to no supervision in day to day activity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
UX/Design Researcher and Strategist (Data Science/Quantitative Focused)
Closing 3 January 2020
- New York
Senior User Experience Designer
Closing 3 January 2020
- Mountain View
Want more Staff UI/UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.