Staff Motion Designer, NPP
Samsung’s New Product Planning team (NPP) at Samsung Electronics America is an inventive research and development studio that designs and implements user experience for high-profile, consumer electronics product lines, from core Samsung TV shipping products like Q Series, to the future of Business, Home & Lifestyles family of digital appliances and services. The products and services we design offer users benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated technologies at a global scale worldwide.
As staff motion designer, you will work with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to conceive and support design work for innovative consumer products. Day to day tasks will include leading motion design direction, creating visual flows, creating mood boards, and working with interaction and visual designers to define the right system model and workflows. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
Bachelors or Masters in Graphic Design, Visual Design, User Interface Design, Architecture Design, or an equivalent design degree.
• 8+ years of work experience in motion and visual design, or related field.
• Has mastery of all applicable design software (AfterEffects, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Principle, etc).
• Passionate about motion, graphic design, typography, and illustration.
• Strong understanding and passion for technology and how it’s applied in consumers lives.
• Ability to facilitate collaboration, to manage conflicts, and to be able to context switch fast.
• A keen ability to package and present solutions to the wider creative / management team—quickly and beautifully.
• Delivers highly-resolved work at the intersection of technology, culture and design.
• Has an online portfolio revealing thought process and an ability to rapidly generate creative ideas, with samples of original graphic or visual design work.
• Excellent creative and innovative skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of interactive design including best practices for TV, mobile, voice, etc.
• Ability to use strong analytical and artistic approach to solve complex design problems.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize different tasks.
The candidate should be a cultural fit within the organization. The following characteristics define a candidate that will succeed in our culture and for this position.
• Curiosity: Has a naturally curious mind, loves to explore and nurture intellect; knows how to observe and identify patterns that identify trends and key insights early; knows how to ask the right questions (relevant) and quantity of questions necessary to uncover key information that can be made actionable. Probably, an avid observer and follower of popular culture and societal trends.
• Creativity: An innovative and resourceful person who thinks and acts “outside-ofthe- box.” This individual possesses a left brain/right brain mindset. Recreationally they are likely to most enjoy nurturing their creative passions and hobbies across multiple categories, such as film, games, music, art, design, fashion, comics, literature, and news. Endeavours that push / challenge their perceptions and physical limitations.
• Technology Forward: Has a passion for technology, tinkering under the hood, and enjoys being a sought-after authority and the resource that others turn to for emerging media and technology.
• Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills; a great presenter, an active listener with consultative capabilities; skillful communicator in tough situations where striking a balance between being direct/forceful and
diplomacy is necessary.
• Open Minded: Approach to listening and problem solving is inclusive and open minded.
• Action Oriented: Self-motivated and self-starting individual who can take limited direction and produce tangible results. Capacity for learning on one’s own, whether it’s software tools or languages.
• Decision Making: Makes good decisions in a timely manner based on analysis, sound judgment and wisdom.
• Team Oriented: Works well in collaborative team environments and matrix reporting Structures.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Experienced professional with full understanding on specialized areas; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analyzing data requires evaluating identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments.
• Typically requires minimum 5 years' of related experience and a Bachelor's degree, or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience.
Sr Motion Graphics Designer-CNN Digital
Closing 2 June 2020
Digital Design: Year-long Internship Placement
Closing 2 June 2020
- Urban Outfitters
- perm, temp, temp to perm
Want more Staff Motion Designer, NPP jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.