Sr User Experience (UX) Researcher, Uber Freight
About the Role:
The Uber Freight User Experience Research team is seeking a seasoned UX researcher to support the Product and Design teams on Uber Freight applications and services. If you're a great researcher, comfortable in a high-velocity environment, and aren't afraid to take on the complex and long-established business of trucking and turn it into something thoughtful and magical, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Identify knowledge gaps and define new research opportunities.
- Design and conduct generative and evaluative user research using qualitative (field observations, remote and in-person usability studies and interviews) and quantitative methods (surveys).
- Adapt and innovate research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a rapidly growing company.
- Collaborate closely with other researchers and cross-functional team members including designers, product managers, data scientists, operations, and engineers. Help the team grow to be more empathetic with our users.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to shape designs and inform product roadmap.
What you'll need:
- Master's degree and minimum 3+ years of relevant research experience, or equivalent industry experience, in a product centric environment.
- Demonstrable ability to plan and conduct mid-to-large scale research projects, in close collaboration with people of different functions.
- Experience with mixed methods - both qualitative and quantitative.
- Deep understanding of the strengths and weakness of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during various product phases.
- Ability to clearly, concisely and persuasively communicate research findings.
- Ability to travel occasionally both nationally and internationally.
About the Team:
Uber Freight connects truck drivers and shippers, much like the way the Uber connects riders and drivers. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of things around the world. Beneath our apps is a growing platform for transportation logistics, that enables fluid interactions among drivers, shippers and businesses. We're also here for personal reasons. We want to turn this risk averse industry into a robust network of opportunity, transparency and trust. We want to help the hard working truck drivers and carriers to thrive.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Senior Designer, Interaction Design
Closing 3 January 2020
- Mountain View
Quantitative UX Researcher
Closing 4 January 2020
- San Francisco
Want more Sr User Experience (UX) Researcher, Uber Freight jobs?
Want to find more User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.