Sr. UX Researcher, Transportation & Recipient Experience
The Transportation & Recipient Experiences (TRX) Team within Amazon’s Worldwide Operations is seeking a Sr. User Researcher to drive innovation in our global transportation and delivery initiatives. In this position, you will have a significant opportunity to help with defining innovative solutions that blend the physical and digital experiences to fulfill millions of customer orders. You will be responsible for defining, executing and reporting on various user research methods. You will work with minimal direction while delivering high-quality outputs and you are comfortable seeding the research program of new initiatives and growing with it.
As an ideal candidate, you have a deep understanding of user research methods and best practices, but you also have a nimble, creative and pragmatic approach, and you're interested in pushing the boundaries of agile research. You are a passionate researcher with uncanny observational and analytical skills, an impressive ability to collaborate with other teams and designers, and a relentless determination to do what is right for Amazon's customers. You can work with minimal direction and are capable of working quickly while delivering high-quality outputs. You will work on overlapping projects, so are good at multi-tasking, juggling competing priorities, and organizing yourself.
The TRX research team is responsible for overseeing research initiatives across many exciting products including Amazon Locker, Customer Delivery Experiences, Middle Mile Transportation Experiences, and more. Teams of designers, front end engineers, design technologists, writers, researchers, and design program manager work collaboratively in our organization to create the next big thing for customers.
· BS in HCDE, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar
· 5+ years professional experience in related field.
· End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting).
· A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g.: white papers, case studies, study design documents, reports).
· Exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, (e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data).
· Ability to manage ambiguity and meet ambitious deadlines by delivering high-quality work on schedule, including quickly turning around study plans and reports.
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including engineering, design, marketing, finance, and operations.
· Demonstrated thought-leadership with a passion for translating data into action.
· Strong grasp of quantitative data analysis and statistics.
· Experience in multimodal systems design research.
· A thorough understanding of the relationship between business, technology and user experience and role of user research.
· Eagerness to continually learn, grow and improve the craft of research.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer–Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age.
Learning Designer, Media and Graphics
Closing 19 June 2019
- $20,000 to 30,000 p/a
Closing 19 June 2019
- Karate Combat
- New York
- Based on Experience
Want more Sr. UX Researcher, Transportation & Recipient Experience jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Data/Traffic Analyst jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.