Sr. UX Researcher - Speech
Want to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in the recent years? We built the state-of-the-art Text-to-Speech system and cloud services Amazon Polly and Amazon Alexa. Our technology is available through Amazon Web Services (AWS) and powers devices such as Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Fire Tablets and Fire TV. And this is just the beginning. We’re on to build the Star Trek computer and you have a chance to be part of this. Come join us, together we will revolutionize the way people interact with devices and services! We are inventing the future.
We are looking for an innovative and highly motivated Senior UX Researcher / Scientist to join our TTS(Text-to-Speech) team. As a UX Researcher you will work in close cooperation with Engineers and Speech Scientists who are subject matter experts in speech-related areas.
Our research work ranges from formative to evaluative studies, rigorous usability to organizing and analyzing perceptual tests ensuring the highest quality for our speech-based products. You are a good fit for this position if you are an excellent communicator, knowledgeable about UX research, comfortable in a fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused on impacting the user experience of the Alexa and Polly services. You should have broad skills in data analysis, user research, product research, quality assurance methodologies and a thorough understanding of qualitative and quantitative research concepts.
- BS in HCDE, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar.
- 7+ years’ professional experience in related field.
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting).
- Exceptional data-collection and analysis skills.
- Knowledge of the field of human-computer interaction, experimental design, observational and field methods and data analysis.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g.: study plans, reports).
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including engineering, merchandising, design, marketing, finance, and operations.
- Demonstrated thought-leadership with a passion for translating data into action.
- Strong grasp of quantitative data analysis and statistics.
- Experience in multimodal systems design research.
- A thorough understanding of the relationship between business, technology and user experience and role of user research.
- Background in perceptual tests aimed at assuring high quality of speech services.
Senior Product Designer
Closing 17 September 2019
- American Express
Senior UX Designer
Closing 17 September 2019
Want more Sr. UX Researcher - Speech jobs?
Want to find more User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Assistant Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.