Sr. Researcher/Staff Researcher, Twitter Emerging Businesses
Twitter is what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about right now. From breaking news and entertainment to sports, politics, and everyday interests, see every side of the story. Join the open conversation.
“The whole world is watching Twitter. You don't go a day without hearing about Twitter, how it’s used as the fastest way to send a message to the world in an instant, how it carries some of the most important commentary and conversations, how it mobilizes people into action.
Who We Are:
Twitter is seeking a Sr/ Staff Researcher to be part of our Experience Research team, focusing on Revenue Diversity & Emerging Businesses to support our Revenue Durability initiative. At Twitter, our research helps inspire, design, and build the products that fuel Twitter’s mission to give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information without barriers.
We have a direct impact on product strategy, roadmaps, and the detailed design of new experiences that help both the biggest brands tell their stories in innovative ways and the smallest businesses fulfill their dreams by connecting with new customers. We are part of a larger Design and Research team that’s full of amazingly talented and fun people who are passionate about Twitter’s ability to help people see beyond themselves and connect with the larger world in a meaningful way.
What You’ll Do:
As a member of our Experience Research team focused on revenue products, you will lead the proactive discovery, exploration and development of strategic customer-centric insights around revenue driving products that fall outside of advertising, which may provide an additional revenue source for Twitter.
Conversation on Twitter often prompts recommendations and discussions of products and services that eventually inform consumer purchases. You will help the team understand the core needs of Twitter users who desire to make purchases on Twitter, and the businesses that sell products/services to them. You will also help the team understand the core needs of our power users, business community, and developers on Twitter and work cross functionally to create solutions that help these businesses be more successful on Twitter.
You will build strong partnerships with cross-functional partners in Product, Engineering, Design and Content Strategy (to name a few!), and collaborate with internal research teams (i.e., research teams like Market Insights or Data Science) to connect the dots, seed ideas, and help drive better business decision-making that sharpens product development strategies which will help fuel long-term sustainable revenue growth for Twitter.
- Lead the proactive discovery, exploration and development of insights to drive strategy to deliver potential non-ads revenue product solutions for Twitter.
- Promote and lead the building of foresight and synthesis of trends through investigation of rapidly shifting marketplace dynamics, emerging data sources & technologies and the ever-changing consumer and business landscape by connecting the dots, seeding ideas, and storytelling to drive better business decisions around emerging opportunities
- Lead purposeful relationship-building with a wide array of partners (e.g., Design, Product, Engineering), other research teams, and beyond.
- Represent Twitter research internally (e.g., to xfn teams, Staff, at all-hands meetings) and externally (e.g., via blog posts, conference presentations, white papers).
Who You Are:
You are an experienced researcher with a strong, working understanding of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies. You know exactly when to engage with teams across Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing, what questions to ask, where to probe, and how to implement the most effective research strategies. You are a creative problem-solver who seeks to deeply understand the business so that you can define the most meaningful and strategic research plans.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy setting your own research goals, managing load and expectations, and delivering impactful research findings and recommendations. You love the process of experimentation, and are able to embrace iteration and failing fast. You’re passionate about Twitter and believe great experiences are always inspired by a deep understanding of the user.
- Strong foundational knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research tools and techniques. Maximize a variety of research perspectives, including, but not limited to: conducting primary and secondary research, data science & analytics, social sciences, HCI as well as engaging external social science researchers and academic specialists where applicable.
- Have demonstrated experience discovering, synthesizing, and socializing impactful insights that have shaped product strategy and produced a business impact.
- Ability to guide cross functional teams to draw meaningful insights from research and communicate them clearly and powerfully to stakeholders.
- An entrepreneurial mentality and a creative approach to problem-solving.
- Strong cross-organizational negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to sell an idea.
- Forward thinking.
- Ability to manage through ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize initiatives.
- A track record of thought leadership and delivering research to inform business, marketing and product development strategies and roadmaps.
- Strong business acumen; an understanding of business goals, strategies and pressures while being aware of industry trends and competitive actions as a context for doing research.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships remotely and cross-functionally to influence strategy and decisions.
- Can express ideas clearly and simply; listen to others; create an environment where all are comfortable expressing thoughts; and promote timely and ongoing flow of information.
- Strong project management skills and experience guiding multiple internal and/or outsourced projects simultaneously.
- A growth mentality that fuels your desire to constantly learn and improve.
- Confidence and capability of learning bleeding-edge technologies quickly.
- Minimum of 6+ years driving strategic research projects at an agency, in-house, or both for technology, media, advertising, CPG, ecommerce, mobile software products and systems, or other related companies.
- Growth, Market Research, B2B, or Ad-tech research experience is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Experience with pricing and packaging research and strategy is ideal.
- Experience leading an individual or team is also a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree (minimum requirement).
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
User Researcher (12 month Fixed Term Contract)
Closing 18 March 2021
- Hargreaves Lansdown
- perm, part time
Senior User Researcher
Closing 14 March 2021
- Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.