Sr. Product Designer, Design Systems
Who We Are:
Twitter is committed to serving the public conversation by helping users stay informed, inform others and discuss what matters. Twitter’s design systems team is made up of designers, creative specialists and design engineers working together to unify and evolve Twitter's design language. We collaborate closely with product designers and cross-functional partners across the organization to help great experiences scale across web and mobile platforms.
Who You Are:
You are a strong systems thinker and visual designer with hands-on experience contributing to design systems libraries. You know a design system is more than documentation, it’s the way we work together. You naturally cross borders and break down silos between disciplines, empowering designers and engineers to work quickly with high standards for quality and consistency. You have a strong sense of mobile design and what it takes to implement your designs from a global perspective and consider this in your work.
What You’ll Do:
As part of this team you’ll be responsible for creating the foundational patterns, UI components, tools, and documentation that empowers Twitter’s strategic design vision. You will collaborate with designers, creatives and engineers across all of our product surfaces. You will especially be working closely with engineering teams to ensure our mobile and web experiences are implemented to the highest quality to achieve this strategic design vision.
- 6+ years experience as a product designer working directly with design systems.
- Strong communication, collaboration and creative problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of technical constraints and guidelines as they apply to designing for digital platforms, including web, iOS and Android. Awareness of inclusive design principles and best practices.
- Understanding of internationalization and designing for global markets including languages and locations with lower performing devices.
- Advanced knowledge of Figma’s design tool. Working knowledge of other contemporary design and prototyping tools, such as Framer or Principle.
- Experience contributing to mature design systems including component design, documentation, and education.
- Advanced knowledge of iOS and Android Human Interface Guidelines.
- Comfortable working with front end engineering teams for web and mobile user interfaces, including participating in code reviews. It’s a big plus if you have had some hands-on experience and have contributed to code repositories for web or native apps.
Must have an active portfolio to be considered for this role.
Twitter is what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about right now. From breaking news and entertainment to sports, politics, and everyday interests, see every side of the story. Join the open conversation, and collaborate with creative and curious people across the globe.
The whole world is watching Twitter. You don't go a day without hearing about Twitter, how it’s used as the fastest way to send a message to the world in an instant, how it carries some of the most important commentary and conversations, how it mobilizes people into action. That's powerful, it's valuable, it's fundamental..
Want more Sr. Product Designer, Design Systems jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.