Sr. Product Design Lead
Apply on our website: https://careers-precor.icims.com/jobs/2128/job
Founded in 1980, Seattle-based Precor is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation, the world's largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Louisville Slugger, DeMarini, ATEC, Enve, Peak Performance and Arc’Teryx.
For more than 30 years, Precor has been inspiring people to live a life in motion. Precor’s world headquarters is located in Woodinville, WA with additional domestic operations in Whitsett, North Carolina.
Precor is the #1 supplier of fitness equipment to many of the world’s biggest fitness chains, including 24 Hour Fitness, Gold’s Gym, Anytime Fitness, and YMCA. Precor is also a preferred fitness equipment supplier to Hilton Hotels worldwide.
With a mission to be the standard of excellence in the fitness industry, Precor manufactures and sells high-end fitness equipment for the home and commercial environment.
- Cardio Equipment (e.g. Ellipticals (EFX), Treadmills, Adaptive Motion Trainers (AMT), Bikes).
- Strength Training Systems.
- Fitness Entertainment Products (e.g. Personal Viewing Screens (PVS), Audio Transmitters/Receivers).
Why You Should Join the Precor Team:
- Dynamic, forward thinking company leading the industry in product innovation.
- Rewards and recognition for superior performance.
- Collaborative environment fostering teamwork and accountability.
- Opportunity to work for a company that positively impacts people’s lives.
- Exceptional benefits program including profit sharing, generous 401(k) match, and free on-site gym access.
- Superior employee discounts on Precor and other Amer Sports Corporation brand products.
What You'll Do:
About this role:
This is a lead position requiring significant drive and project ownership. The Sr. Product Design Lead will focus equally on both: UX research and UI design of multimodal and multi-platforms interfaces, from proof of concepts to wires to visual design, for Precor next generation fitness equipment. The work includes working closely with fitness trainers, electrical and mechanical engineers as well as software developers and fellow UX/UI designers.
The Precor UX team shares a passion for fitness & wellness and is working towards re-envisioning new modes of interaction and user engagement at the gym, outdoor, and at home. The Sr. Product Design Lead is expected to be a hands-on leader on the team in addition to serving as a mentor to less experienced members and a catalyst in R&D. The position requires leadership skills with the ability to manage and execute on multiple projects, at different stages of the design and implementation process, independently.
This is a Full-Stack Designer (UX, UI, Visual Design) position. A keen understanding of touch-based UI, user journey development, and visual UI patterns is required. You’ll be joining a multidisciplinary team of UX designers and software developers working to target specific usability and performance benchmarks across embedded sys, web-apps, mobile and wearables devices.
In this role you will be responsible for: Design and Process.
- Lead the UX and UI design of interface solutions across multiple touchpoints, including Precor fitness equipment consoles, mobile apps, and web clients.
- Participate at every stage of the user experience design process, from research to POC to design to implementation strategies.
- Take input, requirements, and feedback from multiple stakeholders across different cross-functional organizations and collaborate with Product Managers and Technical Program Managers to understand business requirements and deliver intuitive UI solutions.
- Work with stakeholders to validate concepts, conduct design reviews and usability testing.
- Help define the end-to-end experience and user interfaces for features on multiple products.
- Oversee the work and work hands-on with your peers using Precor DesignOps process to ensure a consistent user experience across the whole customer journey and across multiple platforms and screen sizes.
- Create detailed wireframes, mockups, and prototypes following a user-centered process to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Collaborate closely with product & engineering to define, execute, and launch features that maximize end user, developer, and business value & impact.
- Participate in regular design reviews with a strong ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale effectively. Own the idea, validate and sell the solutions you believe in.
- Develop/apply general visual styles and interaction patterns consistent with product and brand guidelines.
- Prepare detailed user stories, specs, and prototypes for engineering following Precor DesignOps process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We're Looking For:
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
Any equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job, will be considered.
- Bachelors in HCI, Product Design, Interaction Design, or similar disciplines.
- At least 8 years of hands-on Product Design work experience.
- At least 5 years of experience designing user interfaces for mobile and/or iOT devices.
- Superb information design abilities, exceptional attention to detail, and great organization skills.
- Fluency with visual and interaction design tools as such as Sketch, Adobe CC, and FramerX.
- Familiarity with HTML, JS, UI frameworks, design sys, frontend architectures and data visualization.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
- Strong core interaction patterns knowledge and visual design skills.
- Experience applying user-centered design process across platforms and devices.
- Experience designing for and leading user-facing products from concept to launch.
- Ability to manage time and tasks and collaborate effectively while working remotely.
- Great ability to articulate and explain your ideas to upper management, other Design Leads and junior designers.
- A strong eye for grids, typography, visual patterns and responsive design strategies.
- Experience working with SVGs, theme-based UIs and CSS styling.
- A portfolio demonstrating your ability to empathize with customers and champion solutions that address their needs
- Strength to drive design goals in a collaborative environment across multiple disciplines and organizations, while maintaining a professional, friendly, team-player demeanor.
- A proactive, self-motivated approach to product development and recognition that you can best drive progress through focused action.
- Experience working with an Agile development team and documenting UX requirement.
- Experience developing design libraries, styleguides and frameworks.
- Familiarity with Android and MUI design sys.
- Prior experience in designing UX solutions for Fitness, Health & Wellness, or sensor-based devices.
- Interest in AI-driven interfaces and data-driven design.
- User Story creation and Product Owner experience.
Normal office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Light physical effort in an office environment.
- Some lifting of parts / products may be required in the manufacturing areas.
- Moderate computer use / data entry.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
DISCLAIMER: The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of the employee. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
UX Researcher, Enterprise
Closing 9 February 2021
- perm, from remote
Lead UI/UX Designer
Closing 10 March 2021
- White Rabbit Budapest
- perm, from remote
Want more Sr. Product Design Lead jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Product Development Manager jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Frontend Web Developer jobs, Fullstack Developer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Web Developer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.