Sr. Operations Manager, Merchandising and Design
You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
As the Sr. Operations Manager of Merchandising and Design, you will lead the Global Merchandising and Design Operations team with development and training in process procedures and tools that enable Global and Regional Merchandising and Design teams to achieve critical activities and deadlines. You will also lead special projects as determined by SVP Merchandising & CPO. This role reports to the Director, Merchandising and Design Operations.
- Key responsibilities will be across the Denim portfolio, Levi’s, Signature, and Denizen brands, with a focus on Signature and Denizen.
- Provide critical business process insights and guidance in the development of seasonal Go to Market (GTM) calendar.
- Lead team to translate GTM calendar into detailed procedures that will achieve on time completion of critical deadlines necessary for timely delivery of commercial samples and production.
- Lead the development of standardized tools that enable Merchandise & Design teams to execute with clarity and consistency.
- Lead issue resolution and educate key opportunities to assure operational excellence within the organization.
- Develop and clarify ways of working, decision rights and accountabilities for GTM milestones.
- Lead the development and training of procedures that ensure critical deadlines are met on time and accurately.
- Clarify and communicate decision rights, ways of working, objectives and outcomes of milestone meetings.
- Orchestrate seasonal product briefs across global and local Merchandising teams.
- Lead a variety of special projects as required by the SVP Merchandising, Chief Product Officer and Merchandising VP’s.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree required.
- 8+ years experience within the apparel industry.
- Strong understanding of global merchandising and design.
- Specific working knowledge of apparel development calendars.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing effective business processes.
- Ability to effectively interact and build partnerships with high level executives.
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations.
- Product discount of 50% off regular-price merchandise.
Levi Strauss & Co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Minorities, females, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
IT Design Researcher (UX)
Closing 26 May 2020
Director, Design - HOKA
Closing 24 May 2020
- Deckers Brands
Want more Sr. Operations Manager, Merchandising and Design jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Operations Manager Fashion jobs, Fashion Merchandiser jobs, Visual Merchandiser jobs, Operations Coordinator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.