Sr. Motion Designer
Senior Motion Designer (FX Networks - Los Angeles, CA 90064).
FX Networks is seeking a Senior Motion Designer to design, editorially produce, and animate motion graphics for any and all design and graphics needs and elements for On-Air Promotions, Marketing, Integrated Promo, Integrated and Emerging Media, Creative Services, Digital Media Marketing and any of the non-promo and marketing departments.
- Create and edit sequences of on-air design packages for Original Series. On-air packages consist of Teaser spots, Launch trailers, bumpers, IDs, graphics spots, logo design, logo opens, main title design, and episodic promotion packages.
- Work closely with the Creative Director to collaborate on projects and strategize the design and editorial approach. Contribute to the studio by organizing and standardizing network branding tools, and help set the tone and editorial pace/standard of the FXX brand on-air. Work closely with other On-Air Broadcast Designers, Print Designers and Editors to maintain consistent design through media on-air and off. Responsible for design from concept to completion. Handle delivery of animated and edited graphics to and from outside Promo Agencies, Outside Producers and Editors, and post houses.
- Create on-air packages for acquired series. On-air packages consist of episodic promotion graphics, edited graphic sequences, specialty marathon packages, integrated sales and marketing promotions, ad special events.
- Develop new and inventive ways of applying the creation of on-air design, animation and editorial graphic design into the integration of new media applications to promote and maintain online, broadband and ever evolving platforms.
- Deal directly with client’s needs regarding original direction, editorial graphic design, revisions, and specifications on final delivery of projects and assignments. Maintain professional client relationships with key individuals from Marketing, On-Air Promotions, Specialty Promotions, New Media, Online, Ad Sales, Development, and our Publicity departments.
- A minimum of 4-7 years’ graphics design and animation experience plus 2-4 years editorial experience in television/post-production. Bachelor’s degree in art, design, film, or related field strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Good mathematical skills required for calculating time code placement/puzzle solving.
- Must have strong background with After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Word and Excel. Cinema4D experience a plus.
- Must have strong illustration, typography, animation and mixed media compositing skills.
- Must have ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities, heavy deadlines, and daily time constraints.
- Knowledge of post-production technology past, present and future is ideal.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About National Geographic:
National Geographic Partners LLC (NGP), a joint venture between Disney and the National Geographic Society, is committed to bringing the world premium science, adventure and exploration content across an unrivaled portfolio of media assets. NGP combines the global National Geographic television channels (National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo WILD, Nat Geo MUNDO, Nat Geo PEOPLE) with National Geographic’s media and consumer-oriented assets, including National Geographic magazines; National Geographic studios; related digital and social media platforms; books; maps; children’s media; and ancillary activities that include travel, global experiences and events, archival sales, licensing and e-commerce businesses. Furthering knowledge and understanding of our world has been the core purpose of National Geographic for 131 years, and now we are committed to going deeper, pushing boundaries, going further for our consumers… and reaching millions of people around the world in 172 countries and 43 languages every month as we do it. NGP returns 27 percent of our proceeds to the nonprofit National Geographic Society to fund work in the areas of science, exploration, conservation and education.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with FX Networks, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call National Geographic.
FX Networks, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Motion Designer - Instagram
Closing 27 February 2020
- San Francisco
Senior Lighting Artist
Closing 26 February 2020
- Sony Interactive Entertainment
Want more Sr. Motion Designer jobs?
Want to find more Branding Designer jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animation Producer jobs, Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.