Sr. Director, Learning Experience Design and Development
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
“Location is flexible, including remote. Role will be managing team in London, Foster City and Miami.”
The Senior Director of Learning Experience Design and Development will lead a team of designers/producers focused on designing, developing and producing compelling, impactful and innovative learning products and experiences for our employees, clients and partners. In this role, you will develop an in-depth understanding of your business domain and demonstrate expertise in curriculum and learning experience design and production. You will help remove obstacles as well as coach and develop your teams so they can perform at their best in an environment that is empowering and motivating. You will manage and augment your capacity to meet production demands by partnering with best-in-class vendors. You will collaborate and build strong relationships with all functions in Visa University and stakeholders across Visa to ensure end-to-end alignment from concept to learning delivery.
- Lead a team of learning designers/producers to design, develop and produce innovative, effective and highly scalable learning experiences with modern learning technologies and methods.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure alignment with key priorities and roadmaps; Be a thought leader and consultant in learning design and production.
- Design and scope innovative learning solutions and curriculum to address complex business problems.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of your business domains and learner needs and demands.
- Provide strategic direction and day-to-day coaching and enablement to your teams; Continuously develop and grow your teams’ capabilities to solve increasingly complex business and learning problems.
- Ensure proper resourcing for your teams to accomplish high impact business objectives. Engage with vendors as needed to augment team capacity.
- Partner with operations and delivery to ensure your learning products get to market in a timely fashion and achieve the adoption and business results expected.
- Stay on top of industry trends and developments and leverage new and innovative learning technologies and approaches to take our learning experiences to the next level.
- 10 years of experience in learning design, development and deployment for various audiences – leaders/managers, sales, services/support, technologists, partners, clients, with an advanced degree.
- Master’s degree or higher in instructional design/development, instructional technology or adult learning.
- 10+ years of experience in learning design, development and deployment for various audiences – leaders, sales, technologists, partners, clients/customers, etc.
- Payments industry experience and expertise required.
- Exceptional leadership skills; demonstrates servant leadership and cross-functional leadership.
- Exceptional relationship-building, influencing, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Extensive experience developing innovative and compelling learning experiences; learner-centric and puts into practice human-centered design and design thinking principles and methods.
- Experience with a variety of learning solutions, e.g., new product introduction, role-based learning, etc.
- Experience with designing and developing learning experiences in a variety of modern channels – serious games, MOOCs, VR/AR, videos, micro-learning, social, mobile, experiential learning, etc.
- Proven ability to develop large-scale, high-impact global learning programs.
- Familiarity with Agile practices preferred.
- Intellectually curious and has a growth mindset.
- Proactive, takes initiative and demonstrates excellent judgment in a dynamic, changing environment; adapts quickly to change, and shows enthusiasm and resourcefulness when tackling challenging assignments and requests.
- Experience with assessments and certifications preferred.
- Skilled in building external partner relationships and strategic vendor management.
- Excellent program management and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to lead multiple cross-functional initiatives simultaneously.
- Effective in navigating, influencing and achieving results in a matrix environment.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Requires willingness and ability to travel up to 10% as needed.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Junior Product Designer
Closing 26 May 2020
Closing 25 May 2020
- Electronic Arts
Want more Sr. Director, Learning Experience Design and Development jobs?
Want to find more Design Director jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Digital Director jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.