Sports Social Media Editor - Liverpool Echo
The Liverpool Echo has an exciting opportunity for a Sports Social Media Editor covering Liverpool FC & Everton FC.
This is part of our ambitious growth plans, to build relationships with new readers in Liverpool. From creating engaging written and video content tailored to a digital audience to showcasing the great work that other members of the team produce, your job will be to reach a wider readership and deliver the news that matters most to them relating to sport.
So, who are we?
We are Reach Plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human.
Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
This role is home working linked to our Liverpool Hub. We are therefore open to candidates based in an area commutable to Liverpool.
What will the role involve?
- Manage social media channels in accordance with best practice and priorities
- Use social media analytics to drive audience growth and engagement
- Help to promote and drive interest in newsletters and other new content formats
- Implement projects to grow registered users
- Ensure sports digital content strategy is delivered locally, especially relating to Liverpool & Everton
- Find new ways to promote content off--platform and find new readers
- Provide cover for content editors (if experienced) or content writers as and when required
- Content edit locally sourced material as part of content editing team
- Managing social media and audience relationships as and when required.
- Working across sports vertical as and when required
- Writing, regularly, and maintaining a public-facing profile across sites
- This role includes working most weekends
The Ideal Candidate:
Who are we looking for?
- NCTJ or equivalent journalism degree and knowledge of media law
- First-class content editing experience
- A clear understanding social media
- Strong team player who can work for benefit of whole network
- Strong people management skills - essential to get this job
- Digital publishing skills
- Working in football will be beneficial
- Social media skills
- Passion for digital storytelling in journalism
- Successful background in developing people and managing people
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- Help saving for your retirement - join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day - an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave - including maternity, paternity and adoption - and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan - free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support - including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities - you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Video Editor - Facebook
Closing 12 July 2022
- LADbible Group
- London, Manchester, Remote
Content Editor, Labs and Games, BBC Children's & Education
Closing 21 June 2022
- perm, remote, temp to perm, from remote
Closing 11 July 2022
- Dazed Group
Want more Sports Social Media Editor - Liverpool Echo jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Journalist jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.