Special Events Manager
Influential, innovative and progressive, Gucci is reinventing a wholly modern approach to fashion. Under the new vision of creative director Alessandro Michele, the House has redefined luxury for the 21st century, further reinforcing its position as one of the world’s most desirable fashion houses. Eclectic, contemporary, romantic—Gucci products represent the pinnacle of Italian craftsmanship and are unsurpassed for their quality and attention to detail.
Gucci is part of the Kering Group, a world leader in apparel and accessories that owns a portfolio of powerful luxury and sport and lifestyle brands.
The Manager of Special Events is responsible for collaborating on the strategy and managing the execution of in-store events and various clienteling initiatives for the brand in North America. The manager also plays a key role in supporting the department in the execution of large scale brand and image events.
- Collaborate on overall strategy and manage execution and production of retail driven Special Event initiatives in the region.
- Liaise with the worldwide office and regional teams to integrate worldwide initiatives into the Gucci America events strategy including image and fashion events, product focused retail events/seasonal launches, store openings, press previews, etc.
- Collaborate on the strategic development and execution of multi-market initiatives that support the business development and image goals of company.
- Work internally with other departments in the Marketing and Communications function to maximize event opportunities such as added-value programs, client development strategies, acquisition and retention strategies, activity reporting and analysis, and press opportunities.
- Work cross functionally with other corporate teams (including Visual Merchandising, Consumer Management, Retail, Merchandising, Store Planning, etc.) to collaborate on in-store initiatives.
- Manage and execute clienteling and donations strategy and corresponding budgets for all stores.
- Manage production of corporate collateral materials with the Corporate Image Department to various events and initiatives.
- Work with Senior Manager and Senior Director to allocate and manage yearly budgets, reconcile all special event expenses with established budgets.
- Manage monthly and yearly reporting for retail initiatives, using reporting to provide high level analytics to internal teams.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3-4 years working in an events related position.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word; Excel; PowerPoint: Outlook; Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship--building skills.
- Appreciation and understanding of the luxury fashion industry.
- Strong writing and verbal skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Positive and focused professional team player.
- Travel within the US and Canada.
Help Center Content Strategist
Closing 4 January 2020
- San Francisco
Events & Experience Lead - Creative X
Closing 2 January 2020
- San Francisco, Menlo Park
Want more Special Events Manager jobs?
Want to find more Digital Strategists jobs, Fashion Events jobs, Events Coordinator jobs, Events Manager jobs, Events Producer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.