Software Architect - AppleThis job listing has expired
Are you an expert in software, services, and operations? Can you design an entire application from global load balancing down to a single line of code? Do you have an intimate understanding of the technical challenges of building services that run at scale? Join us and make your own little dent in the universe! We are looking to hire an outstanding hands-on technical architect to join the Application Engineering team based in London, UK. You will be involved in the architecture, design and development of mission critical applications, with a focus on operational excellence. You are an energetic self-starter who can work independently but loves to collaborate with others in a cross-functional environment. You are a determined creative thinker who can charge head-first into grey areas and navigate ambiguity. You have excellent written and oral communication skills and can explain complex technical topics to non-technical audiences.Key Qualifications
- 7+ years of professional back-end software development experience, of which 2 leading the development of a full application stack with multiple enterprise integrations.
- Experience in designing, implementing and rolling out multi-tier backend applications
- Excellent in core Java or other object oriented language
- Versed it at least one other programming language
- Deep understanding of
- HTTP networking
- authentication technologies
- Internet protocols
- load balancing
- web caching
- A focus on security and knowledge of common security pitfalls
- Experience debugging complex systems, and participating in investigating build, deployment and operational issues
- Great at system scripting in Bash, Python or Perl
- Experience managing Linux servers, and comfortable with Bash commands and scripts
- Exposure management of large number of back-end servers
- Knowledge of distributed systems, replication, caching
- Practical knowledge or relational and non-relational database technologies
- Application performance, resilience, monitoring and tuning
- Experience with application lifecycle processes, DevOps and WebOps a plus
- Knowledge of web UI technologies is a plus
The Application Engineering team is responsible for driving excellence in all aspects of security, infrastructure and architecture for a portfolio of business critical applications. You will be expected to understand the details of all the technical and business details of these applications and contribute to the technical roadmaps and implementation of core cross-functional tools and processes. Your ability to wear multiple hats will be critical to your success. As a team we work closely with many other engineering teams within Apple and are constantly reviewing our technical designs and integrations. We have to take many external systems and requirements into account when designing and implementing our solutionsEducation
Bachelors Degree preferred, but not required, plus minimum 7 years working in SW development, or similar engineering environment.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Closing 14 July 2018
- Westco Creative
- £25,000 to 28,000 p/a
Closing 20 July 2018
- Central London
- £23,000 to 26,000 p/a
Want more Software Architect - Apple jobs?
Want to find more Backend Web Developer jobs, Frontend Web Developer jobs, Software Engineer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Web Developer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.