Social Producer for BBC
We’re looking for a strategic, ambitious and creative social media practitioner to become our new Social Media Manager, BBC Body Positive.
The Social Media Manager, BBC Body Positive is the editorial lead for all BBC Body Positive social media accounts across Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
BBC Body Positive is a unique social proposition from the BBC, focusing on nurturing a highly engaged online community around the health and wellbeing topics and issues that affect young people in the UK.
The core audience is UK 16-21 year olds, with the primary focus being Instagram, as well as Twitter and Facebook.
- Create and curate social content for the BBC Body Positive social media accounts, acting as the editorial lead for the accounts across all social platforms
- Lead BBC Body Positive’s strategic and creative development in the social space
- Work closely with other BBC social teams to align content priorities and social activity, liaising with senior stakeholders as required
- Work closely with Commissioning to plan/guide social content for the BBC Body Positive accounts
- Collaborate with other BBC and external social teams, and other third parties in the UK and overseas, to extend the reach of BBC Body Positive content on social platforms
- A track record of working in social media in strategic and leadership positions to develop, produce and deliver social media content and campaigns. Ideally in an editorial environment that has daily volume requirements or within an agency that delivers the same for large volume social brands.
- Strong credentials that demonstrate experience of engaging and building online audiences and communities through organic growth strategies.
- Experience of using data and analytics to inform planning and decision making
- Relationships with third party social media platforms and experience of working with new and emerging online technologies and tools to develop digital and social media content.
- Fantastic editorial judgement and the appetite to take on editorial responsibility for a highly engaged BBC account.
- Strong team management and interpersonal skills
- Well-versed in graphic design including proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator and other relevant social design tools.
- Strong social copy writing skills, with particular relevant experience writing for a young audience (16-25)
- Demonstrable experience of Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and a clear awareness of how they are currently used to engage young audiences.
- Working knowledge of other social media platforms and how they engage our core audience and attract emerging audiences.
- Experience of social media community management and growing an online community.
- A strong interest and knowledge of health, wellbeing and social issues.
6 month Fixed Term Contract/Attachment
LondonAbout the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
Mid-weight Creative Team
Closing 15 February 2019
- RedSofa London
- £35,000 to 45,000 p/a
Junior Creative Team - Digital / Social
Closing 25 January 2019
- RedSofa London
- £24,000 to 28,000 p/a
Want more Social Producer jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Copywriting Journalist jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.