Social Media Specialist
Job Purpose and Summary:
Canon Europe is looking for a B2B Social Media Specialist to help build and sustain a good reputation for Canon in the Production Printing industry. As a key member of the social media team, you’ll be planning and executing always on and campaign driven paid and organic social media activations.
With your expertise you will support our busy product launch and event calendar to target our broad range of customers in the printing industry and position Canon as a market leader.
You’ll also be contributing to the growth of Canon’s owned social media channels through strategic, creative and data-led activations – championing your knowledge of analytics and campaign performance with the wider comms and marketing teams.
What we give:
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
In addition to a salary of between £37,931 - £44,625 you'll be eligible for a performance-based bonus of 10%. We have recently implemented a new range of flexible benefits including a strong contributory pension plan, private healthcare, life cover, an Employee Assistance Programme plus employee discounts on Canon products.
Canon also champions hybrid working and a flexible working policy, with a minimum of 25 days holiday per year. Lastly, you'll find that Canon encourages continuous Learning and Development with a wide range of resources and support available on demand.
Our Corporate Communications team are based at our state-of-the-art EMEA HQ in Uxbridge which is easily reached via the Elizabeth line, with subsidised restaurant, free parking and Costa coffee on site too!
What we ask:
As Social Media Specialist, focusing on Production Print, you will:
- Work closely with PR, Marketing, product management and digital agency partners to develop integrated social media activities that proactively support our print strategy across our broad range of customers and suite of products.
- Manage the Social Media channel response to Production Print marketing, event and product launch briefs and any related ad hoc requests; including the development, planning, execution and measurement reporting of EMEA organic and paid social media campaigns.
- Deliver on organic and paid social media campaign performance reporting against business objectives and benchmarks and use social listening to consistently provide data-based insights and reports to stakeholders, both before and after activity.
- Ensure proper and consistent UTM strategy is utilized for campaign attribution and measurement.
- Identify opportunities to increase Canon’s share of voice externally through owned and earned media; from news-hijacking opportunities and amplifying editorial content and podcasts to organising and supporting event amplification (in-person and/or virtually) and influencer activity.
- Make Canon topical and front-of-mind to our key audiences helping to position us as a market leader.
- Build relationships with business partners, providing them with expertise and educating them on effective processes, practice and tactics, performance, developments in the social media space and evangelise employee advocacy.
- Support our communication teams across EMEA in delivering content from centrally activated activities, campaigns and events. For product launches, co-ordinate all launch content across EMEA, ensuring the teams have all necessary content to successfully launch products locally.
- Assist with the development of social media editorial content calendars and to collaborate across the wider communications team to ensure content is repurposed through other Canon channels (external, events, employees, leadership, blog, etc).
- Manage the Canon EMEA corporate brand reputation and governance/security across the broad range of social platforms and centrally owned digital platforms like our employee advocacy tools. This includes the ability to identify and manage crisis communications in collaboration with (Corporate) PR department at headquarter level.
You will need:
As Social Media Specialist you will show:
- Previous Social Media experience including experience working with and managing all major social media platforms (emphasis on LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, Meta and emerging platforms). Pan-EMEA experience is preferable.
- Proven cross channel experience across social and digital marketing: understanding of how paid, owned and earned media co-exist & reinforce each other is a must.
- Strong knowledge of analytics and creating paid social campaigns.
- Content marketing experience on strategic and creative level; understanding of digital user journeys, target audiences, storytelling, and ability to help develop effective content.
- Experience with developing and deploying Editorial calendars, toolkits and reports as well as working with Social Media Management tools (i.e. Sprout Social or similar, Employee advocacy tools)Strong stakeholder management and excellent interpersonal skills
- Capable of managing multiple projects at once, prioritising and staying calm under pressure.
Do you match with this role? Do not hesitate and apply! You will be part of an energetic and innovative environment with more than 50 different nationalities at our EMEA HQ at Stockley Park.
Here are some of the benefits we offer!
- Annual Bonus and annual pay review
- Hybrid working
- 25 days of personal holiday per year
- Excellent Pension Plan
- Healthcare and wider medical plan
- Discounts on Canon products
- Flexible benefits policy
- Free parking on site
- Subsidized restaurant and Costa Coffee on site too!
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s visionary, innovative and bold. As the world's best imaging company, we're living and working together for the common good.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Head of Digital Marketing (Customer)
Closing 27 March 2023
- Sky UK
Social Media Lead
Closing 29 March 2023
- Adecco Global IM
£30,000 to 37,000 per annum
Digital Global Marketing Lead
Closing 29 March 2023
- Adecco Global IM
£40,000 to 50,000 per annum
Want more Social Media Specialist jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Marketing Executive jobs, Marketing Manager jobs, Strategy Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.