Social Media Specialist - Discovery CommunicationsThis job listing has expired
The Community Specialist is the face of the brand, managing communications in both directions. This digital-savvy communicator is responsible for content creation for all Social Media platforms and focused on developing relationships that ultimately build the brand’s communities in order to increase consumer’s engagement. He/she is also focused on driving web referrals to our properties and drive tune-in to our networks while maintaining a balance that ensures and fosters a successful social media experience. Requires a highly detail oriented, organized and assertive individual with excellent communications skills who thrives in fast-paced, ever-changing environment.Responsibilities:
1. Content creation - writing posts (messaging) and exclusive content/materials for social media use. Own the social media calendar and alignment with network and digital departments
2. Creating, managing and growing the company’s presence through Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant SM properties
3. Be the eyes and ears of our brand, thus reporting key and relevant information to programming, research and marketing departments for optimization
4. Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the social media campaigns.
5. Work with content manager to create local social media strategy, as well as, fan/follower acquisition plan to meet our growth objectives
6. Moderation of communities and crisis management when required
7. Execution of SM campaigns and/or activations on our SM properties
8. Achieve high levels of engagement of in our communities and focus on tactics that sustain these beyond program publicity
* Has work experience or training in advertising, PR, online marketing or similar field
* Highly detailed oriented and organized with keen ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in very fast-paced environment
* Strong knowledge of social networks and best practices
* A passion for Discovery, television and the media industry
* Excels at research, possesses excellent writing skills and the ability to crank editorial and technical writing output without brooding.
* Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media
* Knowledge of search engine optimization-think including basic keyword research.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Want more Social Media Specialist - Discovery Communications jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Content Author jobs, Content Manager jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, PR Account Executive jobs, PR Account Manager jobs, Head of Content jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.