Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for developing and delivering strategies focused on brand awareness, follower growth, and engagement, building communities and creating hype on our social channels.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the brand, creative and agile. Someone who thrives from working under pressure, a forward-thinker, team player and all-round communicator. This role will sit within the Marketing team.
You will be full of ideas and able to develop creative solutions to key businesses challenges, be a part of relevant cultural conversations, react first to social trends and utilise social listening to understand more about our audience.
As an industry, social media is not a 9-5 role so it is expected that the candidate is comfortable with working some irregular hours.
We’re Debenhams, an established and much-loved household name. We’re known for our impressive fashion, beauty and homewares offering – we’ve become a truly unstoppable digital brand. We aim to be the UK’s leading online department store and expand internationally.
Marketers for the boohoo group have a reputation for being disruptors. We like that. When it comes to all things brand awareness and e-commerce, we’re not afraid to be brave. Each of our teams is the voice of their own brand, so we utilise creative campaigns, social media and influencer outreach, PR & Comms, and events. On the e-commerce side of things, we drive traffic to our online stores and generate sales through affiliate marketing, paid media, CRM and SEO. Everything goes towards achieving our mission to be a global fashion e-commerce leader.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Work closely with the Senior PR, Influencer & Social Media Manager to develop and deliver the brands’ social media strategy, setting KPIs relevant to each channel against brand and commercial objectives, such as increasing following and engagement metrics
- Champion the social agenda through a deep understanding of the social media landscape and experience managing social media comms for like-minded brands
- Solid working knowledge of all key social platforms and developed relationships with their account management teams, including but not limited to, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Linkedin, and Twitter.
- Support the Senior PR, Influencer & Social Media Manager and work alongside the rest of the marketing management team on delivering against Brand goals, including supporting cross-functional projects outside of the immediate remit
- Manage the social media team to execute the daily content schedule including posts, stories, live content
- Produce weekly and monthly reports for senior leadership, with clear actionable takeaways or recommendations for growth
- Collaborate with the PR and Influencer team to source and manage content collaborators to create bespoke assets for channels
- Work closely with the Head of Customer Services to monitor feedback across our social channels, and advise on the best response in the brand's TOV.
- Support brand and PR teams in creating content at events
- Excellent communication skills able to collaborate cross-functionally across marketing, creative, studio, buying, merchandising and eCommerce
- Lead and mentor the social media team, setting quarterly objectives and development plans
WORKING WITH US:
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It’s relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty – you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We’re always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We’re passionate, agile, creative and one team.
MORE ABOUT YOU:
- Experience in social media role at a fast-paced company, start-up or agency environment
- Culture-obsessed – you are aware of what’s going on across social and IRL
- Social media experience within fashion, beauty or lifestyle brands required
- An enthusiasm for Debenhams.com brand, it’s communities and culture
- Deep understanding of the social media landscape, various platforms and trends within the industry
- Ability to work at both a strategic and operational level
- Strong editing skills including reels and video app editing knowledge
- Experience in managing and coaching team members
- Creative thinker who is passionate about developing new and engage social ideas
- Collaborative attitude with the ability to develop strong working relationships with key business departments and 3rd party brands
- Experience with analytics and social listening tools, such as Google Analytics, Branch, Dash Hudson, Social Bakers
WHY JOIN US:
We’ve set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we’re 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You’ll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There’s up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work
Other jobs you may be interested in
Assistant Brand Manager
Closing 26 May 2022
Social Media Executive
Closing 17 July 2022
Social Media and Search Marketing Manager
Closing 27 May 2022
Want more Social Media Manager jobs?
Want to find more Affiliate Executive jobs, Affiliate Manager jobs, Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Marketing Executive jobs, Marketing Manager jobs, Strategy Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.