Social Media Manager
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world. For each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. We need you to help us do this.
Why this role matters:
You’ll be developing the social strategy across paid and organic social across platforms. The role spans end-to-end delivery of social marketing campaigns, working with some of the top directing marketing agencies, and contributes directly to improving the NPS of the customer base and sales, which is a growing area of focus. Be the guardian of the social media strategy and support the wider marketing teams in delivering against this, ensuring best practice across the space.
What you'll be doing:
- Be the internal point of contact for social media within Consumer and the go to person for social media expertise.
- Actively maintain contacts and relationships with the social media platforms and our tools in collaboration with internal teams.
- Always be seeking to innovate and test and learn in the social media space.
- Manage and be responsible for the paid and organic marketing activities that are planned and activated through our consumer social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube).
- Develop and implement BT’s campaign and content strategies in conjunction with PR and Marketing. You will ensure that all social media marketing campaigns are fully integrated into wider Marketing, PR and Customer Care plans.
- Ensure brand reputation is protected across all executions and that all creatives, content and copy adhere to BT’s brand guidelines.
- Support Marketing and Campaign Managers with campaigns with varying strategic objectives.
- Work with our roster of agencies to ensure social media is front of mind throughout campaign planning and ensure all output is social-first and innovative.
- Always try to drive efficiencies within marketing paid spend and creative costs for social media.
- Report on the effectiveness of social media regularly to senior leaders and you will implement and propose new reporting and monitoring frameworks for social media.
We'll also need to see these on your CV.
- Social Media and community management experience.
- Good understanding of how to build marketing plans, using insight and data to inform recommendations on targeting, platofmr, creative.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Collaborative attitude - can work with multiple teams to deliver what is right for the customer.
- Strong presentation/communication skills.
- Adaptable based on market events and business priorities.
- High quality verbal and written skills.
- A good logical and creative mindset.
Why choose us?
We’re the largest telco in the industry worth over £10bn in revenue, with over 20k employees and 34m customers - this offers enormous opportunities for our people and to be No. 1 in the market. Our Consumer Unit exists of three household brands - EE, BT & Plusnet, from which collectively we generate more revenue than any other part of BT. This gives us more potential and scale than ever before and it’s a phenomenal foundation to build from. All three brands are really important to our future strategy. BT, EE & Plusnet are unique and more valuable to us staying separate to make the most powerful imprint on the market. We’ve got something special and we want everyone to feel proud about working here and excited about where we’re going and what we’re going to do.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
Communications Manager - Social Media and Influencers
Closing 10 December 2019
Senior Social Data & Insight Analyst
Closing 5 January 2020
- Gemini People
- £40,000 to 50,000 p/a
Want more Social Media Manager jobs?
Want to find more Affiliate Executive jobs, Affiliate Manager jobs, Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.