Social Media Manager
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) is the television division of the Hollywood Studio, Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) and is one of the television industry’s leading content providers. SPT produces and distributes programming in every genre, including series, telefilms, theatrical releases and family entertainment around the world and for every platform: broadcast and cable television, first-run and cable syndication and digital distribution.
Based in Soho, London, eventually moving to Paddington in 2020, the Social Media Manager is responsible for the development and execution of the social media strategy for the Distribution and Networks team, working to build engaged audiences for Sony releases across all social platforms.
Reporting to the Publicity & Promotions Senior Manager, the role will manage content plans for a wide range of social channels, oversee social advertising campaigns and provide insight and strategic recommendations to the marketing team on all things social.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about social media and digital trends, becoming an evangelist for this area within the business, constantly striving to find new ways to reach our consumers and promote Sony Pictures releases.
What you will do:
80% Social Media:
- Lead the social media strategy on key movie and TV releases, delivering innovative and engaging social campaigns, including talent activations, influencer outreach, original content creation and consumer engagement tactics.
- Oversee and implement the social content calendars across all UK social media channels for Home Entertainment and Networks.
- Day to day management of retained social media agency, managing briefing process, facilitating campaigns and capturing reporting.
- Coordination and analysis of paid social ad campaigns, working with media agency to provide recommendations and track results.
- Develop influencer strategy around SPE releases, building direct relationships and delivering paid and unpaid activity as required.
- Create and coordinate a tracking document of creative assets for all releases, overseeing the placement of key content with online media, retail and other partners.
- Support key customers with social insight, reciprocal social posts and recommendations on how to promote SPE titles via their channels.
- Conduct campaign evaluations to determine social ROI, reporting back to wider marketing team.
- Keep marketing team up to date with the latest digital trends, competitor examples and social media best practice, sharing with international territories when requested.
- Work with LA and legal on appropriate clearances and approvals for campaign activity.
- Support Senior PR Manager on key title campaigns including media liaison, moderating talent interviews when required and organising/attending junkets and launch events as requested.
- Manage PR agencies when required, assigning project tasks and supporting traditional campaign activity.
- Proficient in copywriting with ability to draft press releases.
Qualifications and/or Experience Required:
To be considered for this role you will typically have 4+ years experience in Social Media/Digital Marketing, preferably in entertainment, as well as the following:
- The mechanics of digital publicity including existing journalists and influencer contacts.
- Paid display and social media marketing campaigns.
- Passion & knowledge of social media and interested in all aspects of digital–must have a good understanding of and be an active user of social media.
- Demonstrable track record of effective agency management.
- Highly creative and engaging copywriter.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Solid analytical skills to measure performance and Return on Investment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships internally and externally.
- Effective in managing both internal and external stakeholders.
- Process improvement and innovation.
- Task and results orientated.
- Excels at project management.
- MS Office Suite, Excel proficiency required.
- Have the confidence to communicate with colleagues at all levels concisely and professionally.
- Passionately position Sony and its films/formats to consumers and stakeholders.
- Strong learning agility and ability to learn at pace in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to problem solve, influence decisions at a high level and drive change.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and last-minute deadlines.
- Demonstrate common sense, discretion and attention to detail.
If you feel you meet the above requirements and are looking for your next move then we would love to hear from you!
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
Closing 21 June 2019
- Sisley Paris Ltd
Closing 10 July 2019
- Square Enix
Want more Social Media Manager jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Strategists jobs, Data/Traffic Analyst jobs, Digital Analyst jobs, Usability Analyst jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.