Social Media Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Social Media Manager to join our team on a fixed term basis.
TMW’s Social Influence team are looking for a highly motivated, experienced and well-rounded social individual with strong creative, organisational and strategic background to join us. This person will be responsible for the social media content and management for clients in the FMCG and housing sectors, helping set the pace after some exciting new client wins. There will also be some emphasis on influencer management campaign to campaign across household names. The role is broad, from social strategy to day-to-day social media management of direct channels, we’re looking for someone who can be a full range social bod with a keen creative eye to plan, produce and report on best-in-class content.
We are looking for confident candidates who are solution-driven with expertise in various social media campaigns, platforms and tools with a keen awareness of emerging trends and issues. Ideally, the candidate will have also had some experience in influencer management, including sourcing and outreach. The Social Media Manager for this role must have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail, experience with client management, proven track record of content planning and community management abilities. They will also be expected to help push social innovation with the agency and our existing clients. Prior agency experience is preferred, but we are open to hearing from candidates with relevant experience elsewhere.
- Liaise with the social media management team, as well as the wider account team, providing day-to-day support and assistance.
- Reporting into the Social and Influence Director, you will deliver work you are proud to put your name to.
- To effectively plan and manage content for the brand with internal and external stakeholders.
- Review and edit all content streams and relevant calendars within their client group, escalating to appropriate line manager where necessary.
- Support on monthly or weekly data analysis within their relevant client group, looping into the social analytics team where possible.
- Be a brand ambassador – maintaining the client group’s integrity at all times and adhering to Rules of Engagement document.
- Plan and undertake activity to start and join conversations, working with our community management team to find opportunities.
- Working alongside the community team, develop, manage and record relationships with individuals and networks providing regular updates on activity, interactions, successes, opportunities, issues and challenges.
- Devise and deploy content distribution strategies for the sharing of content to communities and relevant individuals with support of the wider social and strategy team.
- Implement and advise on best practice across your client portfolio and beyond when required, working with your social teammates to keep up to date here.
- On a campaign by campaign basis, support the team in sourcing, outreaching and managing ambassadors and influencers.
- Get involved with wider (and where relevant, external) agency initiatives to help boost your profile.
- Keep daily timesheets and follow the practices of TMW as directed.
Additional specific skills / experience required:
- Must be able to manage expectations – of the internal team but also internal/external stakeholders/agencies.
- Deep interest in culture and trends and the social landscape in order to develop timely and relevant content.
- Deep channel knowledge of TikTok a plus.
- Ability to self-manage own workload and thrive under tight turnarounds and reactive moments.
- Highly organised individual who is comfortable making decisions and managing multiple workstreams with the support of their line manager.
- A deep understanding of clients’ needs and a proven track record with client management.
- Extensive experience of social media management and content planning.
- Experience managing and building communities, including community management.
- Ability to work alongside media agency partners to develop and deploy distribution plans.
- Proven ability to express brand character across social platforms and networks.
- Knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of social technologies, platforms and monitoring/publishing tools.
- An understanding of the influencer climate.
- Commercially focused, with good understanding of commercial context for role.
- There is a requirement for the Social Media Manager to be flexible as there will be changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time.
TMW are a leading integrated creative agency based in Soho. We consistently punched above our weight creatively, producing award winning and effective work across the board. We recently scored an impressive 8 in the Campaign School Reports and won a Cannes Lion, alongside 100’s of awards for best in class Social & Digital campaigns. We have an enviable client list including Ferrero, Barratt Homes, VOXI, Simple Skincare, King’s College London, Center Parcs, Absolut, GTR, Vodafone, Emmi Caffe Latte, Onken and Coty. This is a chance to join a unique agency culture where the passion for people, is as strong as the work.
Our expertise covers the full spectrum of marketing from transformative insight generation and data solutions, through to technical innovation and award-winning campaigns. We have specialist teams in digital development, relationship marketing, retail experience, social and influencer marketing, content and production services. Working within the Social Influence team, you will be able to tap into strategists, creatives, media planners, community managers and many more roles to help deliver amazing campaigns.
We have an agency network in 25 countries worldwide, work with some of the largest brands in the world delivering campaigns with global appeal and live by four core values: Be Brave, Stay Curious, Give a Damn and Take Pride.
- Stay Curious– Because we are fascinated and excited about what makes people tick and how we can use this knowledge to make our ideas more influential. Being curious about what makes people tick is central to our aim to create the world’s most influential ideas – which is why – be it academy sessions or the annual Hack Day, sports and charity events or participating in one of our many clubs – there’s no end of ways to flex your curiosity at TMW Unlimited.
- Be Brave – Because in a brave new world, we need brave new ideas. From digital to social to technology, we’ve always taken risks to stay one step ahead of the crowd. And of course, how successful we are ultimately depends on your bravery too. Your willingness to change and adapt in an industry that is anything but still.
- Give a Damn – We care passionately about what we do. We give a damn about the agency and the people who enable us to create the best work possible. From going the extra mile on new and existing business to being supportive and helpful with colleagues every day – there are loads of ways to show you give a damn about the company and the role you play in our success. And there are loads of ways we show we give a damn about you too. Whether it’s initiatives like surprise and delights gifts or extra days holiday – or the 360 feedback we give you every year – this third value is at the heart of TMW Unlimited.
- Take Pride: We are open, accepting and inclusive, and we support each other on our journey to reach our true potential. We are actively working to ensure that we as an agency more fully reflect the society around us.
What we give:
A thriving career with the chance to learn from passionate, talented colleagues and mentors. Exciting and varied client work with as much opportunity as you can handle. And a hugely sociable team to get to know.
Here’s a snapshot of just some of the benefits you can enjoy as part of the team. Some of these are location-based, so be sure to check with your recruitment contact if you want confirmation on anything in particular.
- 23+ days’ holiday + Bank Holidays.
- Volunteer day and Birthday day off.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Healthcare Cash Back Scheme.
- Interest free travel season ticket loan, Cycle scheme.
- We have a calendar of social and charity events throughout the year, there’s always something going on.
Join us and join in. We make noise. We laugh. We share. We welcome new ideas and new people – including you.
Sound good? If you think you tick all the boxes, please send your CV and tell us why you should join the team
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community
As an equal opportunities workplace, we have a commitment to ensuring equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, socio-economic status, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, neuro divergence, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. Whether you’re just getting your foot in the door, or you are an experienced employee whose life circumstances are shifting, we are committed to creating a workplace that reflects the world we want to live in and are therefore flexible to accommodate each individual's needs as best as we can.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 21 November 2021
- R/GA London
- London (Remote)
- perm, from remote
Closing 1 October 2021
- A+C Studios
- £35K DOE
Closing 28 September 2021
- £45k, plus excellent benefits
Want more Social Media Manager jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Digital Strategists jobs, Content Executive jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Marketing Executive jobs, Marketing Manager jobs, Strategy Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.