Social Media Manager - Burberry
The Social Media Manager will be an integral member of the Organic Social Media Team and the wider digitial marketing team. They will have a exceptional knowledge and understanding of the whole spectrum of the social media landscape – including content formats and publishing algorithyms, social listening and reporting, planning and execution of socially-led campaigns, and an understanding of the latest technologies impacting key global platforms.
You are passionate about social, and understand the complexities and nuances because you are an avid user. You are naturaully curious, always seeking out best practise examples, and love to break down barriers with new ways of doing things.
You will have exposure to the broader creative, marketing, PR and event groups within Burberry, and gain a deep understanding of how social platforms and behaviours impact wider marketing / communications efforts as well as the business at large.
You will be a confident communicator and be able to build working relationships well. You’re attention to detail will be second to none, and it will help to ensure flawless execution of global and regional social activities.
- Team Management: Know how to motivate and manage junior members of the team to get the very best of out different personalities and skill sets
- Planning: Be able to develop a social media strategic response to wider marketing briefs, working closely with different digital marketing team members
- Publishing: Understanding platform nuances and how content publishing on social channels (Western & Eastern), impacts performance
- Live Publishing: Plan logisitic around live capture and publishing across multiple platforms, and be able to live publish in a reactive and fast paced environments
- Messaging: Brief in messaging requirements for campaigns and projects, incorporating data lead learnings and best practise
- Asset Development: collaborating closely with Art Direction, Brand Experience, Digital Design & Video teams to ensure content created is optimised for platforms and adhering to best practise
- Localisation: Working closely with relevant global and local teams to ensure localising campaigns and messages are done so effectively
- Community Management: know how to create and manage your follower engagements and interactions both from an owned channel and earned conversation perspective.
- Reporting: Supporting compilation of regular reporting on social media initiatives
- Innovation: Staying on top of, and proactively sharing trends in social media, and contributing to platform strategy evolutions and campaign development
- The Social Media Manager must demonstrate a clear understanding of all Western social media platforms
- An understanding of major Asian social networks is a plus
- A strategic and analytical thinker that can interpret numbers and data into actionable insights and learnings
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and willingness to learn; enthusiasm is a must
- A natural communicator – confident in presenting social campaigns and activities to different parts of the business
- Ability to interpret, prioritise and deliver actions with a sharp attention to detail
- Ability to work reactively with flexibility when required within a fast-paced environment
- An obsessive attention to detail and a track record of operating in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Strong interest in and understanding of the digital media landscape, particularly within Social Media
- Interest in the fashion industry is strongly preferred
- Degree level education
Social Media Manager
Closing 3 November 2018
- Become Recruitment UK
- £25,000 to 30,000 p/a
Social Content Manager
Closing 9 November 2018
- Gemini People
- £32,000 to 35,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.