Social Media Manager (6 month contract)
Your brief will be to activate Red Bull’s events, athletes, key artists and website across the UK and be responsible for maximising engagement with Red Bull properties and increasing reach while managing your own projects. You’ll be expected to come up with brilliant and innovative ideas, which go beyond standard social media executions, with the ambition to achieve firsts in social marketing and establish Red Bull as a market leader.
Areas that play to your strengths.
All the responsibilities we'll trust you with:
Be a role model for other members of the team.
Manage interns/graduates which come into the team.
- New Places - Platform Relationships:
Hold a key relationship with partners.
Manage development of these platforms alongside the rest of the team.
Help search for new places for Red Bull to distribute its content.
- Right Content, Right Places – Content Creation:
Be key to developing and ideating new social formats.
Work with in house teams and agencies to inform direction of content created for social.
Create social content.
Source content to edit/and or be delivered to in house teams or agencies as source files for content.
- Scheduling and posting content:
Work with respective Audience Editors to ensure posting schedule strategies exist and are executed across all designated verticals and channels.
Lead on the wider education of the Audience Development and Programming team of what makes a good post and how to improve posting to achieve the desired result.
- Paid advertising:
Manage paid across channels and campaigns.
Ensure reporting for campaigns is completed in a timely manner.
Be a key figure in the business for pushing innovation and creativity. Always coming up with new ideas, thoughts which go outside the box.
Develop relationships across the company (both teams in the UK and globally) to ensure UK social is thought of and regarded in the best possible way.
Be regarded as a trusted and strong member of the Red Bull Media House and wider marketing team.
Be enthusiastic and energetic, and an inspiration to all junior members of the marketing team by the way they carry themselves.
Gain the reputation of someone who could be a leader of the Red Bull Media House in the future.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise.
That matter most for this role:
- Past experience of working in social media and managing channels. Ideally for broadcasters or content producers.
- An understanding of what content works on social.
- Strong written communication and accuracy.
- A strong editorial sense.
- Experience of working for a media publisher and driving traffic to editorial sites.
- Experience in building and engaging existing communities as well as reaching out and attracting new ones.
- The ability to act quickly and react to trending topics and stories.
- Knowledge of content marketing and social media tools, such as listening and publishing tools.
- Confident in presenting strategies and influencing key decision-makers.
- Experience in using photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop).
- Experience in using video editing software (e.g. Premiere).
- A determination to experiment and try new things before anyone else.
Closing 18 February 2020
- competitive + up to 10% bonus and benefits
Creative Communications Manager
Closing 14 February 2020
- Hargreaves Lansdown
Want more Social Media Manager (6 month contract) jobs?
Want to find more Affiliate Executive jobs, Affiliate Manager jobs, Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.