Social Media Manager - 12 month Maternity Cover
This is a full time temporary opportunity but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to us during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like.
A job where looking at cat photos and snapping dog selfies is a must? It really does exist!
Purina Pet Care, the company behind some of the biggest names and leading brands in dog and cat food in the UK, are looking for a creative, resourceful, and forward-thinking Social Media Manager to join the Digital team as maternity cover based at our Gatwick head office.
You’ll be the voice and personality behind well-known brands such as Felix, Beta, Gourmet, and Purina: developing compelling editorial and creative that celebrates our #WeAreBetterWithPets philosophy and champions our brands in social. If you’re passionate about pets, are adept at content creation, and have a love for all things digital, this could be a fantastic opportunity for you.
A day in the life of...
As Social Media Manager, you’ll plan, create, manage, and publish the always-on organic content for our key brands across Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram: developing a strategic content plan, creating best-in-class social editorial and assets, engaging with influencers, exploring growth and engagement opportunities, and being a strong advocate for pet owners within the business using valuable insight from social.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Making Purina’s social media accounts sources of inspiring, informative, and entertaining best-in-class content for dog and cat owners or pet lovers across the UK and Ireland.
- Working directly with brand managers, content leads, and corporate communications teams to develop an engaging editorial plan, which supports strategic brand objectives, resonates with pet owners, and drives key performance measures in social media.
- Regular use of Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop plus platform publishing tools such as Instagram Stories and Reels, to create thumb-stopping, engaging content, optimised as needed for social platforms: this can be from scratch or to adapt existing brand assets.
- Briefing our internal Content Studio on flagship editorial assets, providing feedback to the editors/designers, and advising on best practice and platform suitability.
- Being adaptive to new opportunities and changing business requirements: rapidly turning around new content to respond to an emerging trend, opportunity, or situation.
- Hosting Q&As and live events in social with our internal vets, behaviourists, and pet experts.
- Being an expert in social media platforms: knowing which content formats and editorial approaches are best suited to driving relevant performance.
- Regular analysis and reporting of editorial performance, benchmarking our activities against previous content, and evaluating our performance and share of voice versus competitors in reports to brand managers and stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing qualitative and quantitative learnings to continually optimise and improve the content we share with pet owners.
- Understanding consumer and social trends, and the changing digital landscape, to leverage opportunities plus ensure we’re timely and relevant in our content.
What will make you successful:
As the successful individual, you will be an experienced social media professional who has a great academic background, experience with image and video editing, and ideally qualified to degree level within a creative field. You’ll be comfortable with best practice copy-writing, content creation and analysing social metrics to drive learnings. You will be familiar with social and platform best practice and have a flair for creative content across various brands’ tone of voice. Building relationships with advocates, influencers and meaningfully tapping into social trends will be a proven skill that you will leverage to develop a strong and trusted presence across our social platforms.
You will also have:
- A love of pets and familiarity of life with dogs or cats (or both!).
- A portfolio of performance-driving social content to showcase your social media experience.
- A natural flair for social copy-writing and how to adapt content to perform best on individual channels.
- An awareness of social trends and how to play to respective platform strengths and opportunities.
- Photography, Stories, Premiere, and Photoshop skills.
- Experience of working with a social CMS e.g. Sprinklr or similar.
- A good level of MS Excel and PowerPoint knowledge.
- The ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects with fast-moving deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, whether in a social post, internal email, or presentation.
- A can-do and proactive approach with the will to lead and drive editorial and social creative that drives great results for our brands.
- Excellent attention-to-detail.
- Be able to work individually on a project or in a team environment and understand the importance of networking to deliver great results.
What you need to know:
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Head of Global Brand Marketing
Closing 20 January 2021
- Charlotte Tilbury
Social Media Producer
Closing 27 November 2020
Want more Social Media Manager - 12 month Maternity Cover jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Digital Strategists jobs, Content Author jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Writer jobs, Strategy Manager jobs, Avid Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.