Social Media Editor
It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for an experienced Video Journalist to join us as part of our network of Live brands covering London.
This role exists to make sure our titles are doing more than just reporting the news - we’re recording local life too. Through words, pictures and video, you’ll reach large audiences with content that goes behind the headlines, celebrates local life and keeps readers on our websites for longer.
This role will be a mix of home and office working at our Canary Wharf office.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please don't delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Use video, photos and words to tell compelling stories about local life.
- Find and tell stories about local communities which engages as many readers as possible, or stories that will be of interest to local communities
- Build communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engaged with readers about those stories
- Ensure every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication, in accordance with the
- Editor’s Code of practice
- Act up or cover in other roles as and when required by the business
- Uphold Reach's policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non-discrimination are upheld in everything we publish.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Digital publishing skills - working a CMS, shooting video, taking pictures. A proven track record for digital storytelling.
- Strong ability to write as well as shoot video and take pictures
- Video and photography editing skills
- Social media skills - following on social media, track record of building communities on social media
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- A valid UK driving licence
- NCTJ or equiv qualification but will consider candidates working towards NCTJ or equiv qualification
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
25 days holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave
Enhanced Maternity, Partner and Shared
Parental Leave benefits
Contributory pension scheme
Share save scheme
Simply Health Cash Plan
A brilliant induction and learning hub
Holiday purchase scheme
Technology purchase scheme
Car purchase scheme
Discounted gym membership
Lots of high street discounts
Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion. We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 16 July 2022
- Frontier Developments plc
Motion Graphics Designer
Closing 16 July 2022
- London / Remote
- perm, from remote
Video Editor - Facebook
Closing 12 July 2022
- LADbible Group
- London, Manchester, Remote
Want more Social Media Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Avid Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.