Social Media Editor
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Who are we?
The Wizarding World is the media franchise and magical universe first established with J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter books and brought to the screen in the Warner Bros. movies, and which now extends to Universal theme parks with record breaking attendance, a Tony award-winning stage play, hit games, interactive experiences, global exhibitions, a new movie series in Fantastic Beasts and wide range of popular consumer products.
The Wizarding World Digital team is focused on using technology to deliver new and innovative experiences to fans of Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts.
What part will you play?
This is a key role within the Content team; you will be the principle manager of the five core Wizarding World social channels, crafting programmatic content that will delight fans of the franchise on a daily basis. You will work with key members of the Content team to execute on key campaigns and partner moments and will be a point of contact for partners across the board. This role will also help to shape and execute the channel strategy, working closely with the Creative Strategist and Head of Content.
- Leading on content planning and copywriting for the Wizarding World Digital (WWD) social channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube).
- Managing the social content grid, from planning to copywriting.
- Working closely with the Content Executive and provide them with guidance on posting schedules and execution
- Leading on social elements of the channel strategy and working with the Creative Strategist to direct the overall project output.
- Increasing the power of the WWD social channels as acquisition tools, generating interest in our paid and free offerings
- Maintaining strong relationships with social media platforms, ensuring WWD are always driving innovation through research. And then seeking to apply ideas and thinking from that research into the social media output of WWD.
- Working with all franchise partners on small, mid- and top-tier projects and support their endeavours with social support that is true to the brand values.
- Reporting on all social media activations – from daily content to major campaigns – and using the resulting data to inspire overall KPIs and inform content decisions.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
What do we require from you?
- Ruthlessly organised and deadline focused.
- An obsession with social media, content-driven data and a desire to test and apply it to create effective and meaningful strategies.
- Unparalleled verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and switch gears quickly, we need a proactive person with a strong work ethic who can take control over their own workload in order to deliver excellence.
- The candidate should be unphased about working with a global franchise with key partners and collaborators working in different time zones and in locations all over the world.
Bonus points for?
- Video production, creation and editing skills would be an ideal addition.
- Knowledge of Sprinklr, or a similar social media management tool, would be a plus.
We are committed to creating both a workforce and content that are as diverse as the global audiences we serve.
Closing 8 April 2020
- Welwyn Garden City
Senior UX Writer
Closing 3 June 2020
Want more Social Media Editor jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Copywriting Journalist jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Feature Writer jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Writer jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.