Social Media Editor, NOWNESS
NOWNESS is hiring a Social Media Editor
About the role: Social Media Editor, NOWNESS
Reporting to: Head of Social, Dazed Media
The Social Media Editor works closely with the Head of Social to coordinate and create social output around all film and editorial publishing, and works daily with the Digital Editor to devise promotional campaigns across platforms that support NOWNESS premieres, themed seasons and branded output.
The Social Media Editor will be responsible for ensuring a consistent flow of high-quality content is being produced and published, and adhere to weekly/monthly targets in line with NOWNESS’ social objectives and company goals.
Responsibilities and deliverables
- Developing and executing the social strategy set by Head of Social per quarter
- Working closely with the Digital Editor and Programming Coordinator to devise effective campaigns for NOWNESS content
- Working with the editorial, commercial and marketing teams on audience growth and engagement and to evolve content formats
- Manage all social media channels including Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Giphy, Pinterest and Tumblr
- Plan content and delivery and use tools to schedule a consistent 24-hour flow of content across channels
- Ensure daily traffic targets are being met and set goals to increase brand awareness and increase engagement
- Manage the Picks section of NOWNESS.com to a social-focused strategy
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- Support the commercial team with branded campaign activation
- Create engaging multimedia content in tandem with Digital Editor and Video Editor
- Assist the Head of Social on SM analytical reporting
Skills and Experience
- Strong experience using Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Giphy and Pinterest
- Understanding of digital storytelling, social distribution and analytics
- Experience using Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Buzzsumo and social intelligence tools such as Shareablee, Fanpage Karma
- Experience with video editing tools such as Adobe Premiere Pro
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Being reactive and flexible, balancing daily operational and longer-term strategic activity
- Having initiative and creative problem-solving capabilities
- Proactive time management to ensure daily, weekly and regular operational tasks are being completed in time and to a high standard
- Strongly skilled at creative solutions to improve audience reach and engagement
- Autonomous worker with good communication skills
- Comfortable working in a small team
- - Eager to respond quickly and occasionally at weekends/evenings
- Confident working independently and productively as a member of a collaborative team
- Open to sharing ideas, accepting constructive feedback to benefit you, your projects and your team
- Full of passion, energy and enthusiasm and eager to work in a fast-paced environment
- Interested and passion for one or more of Nowness verticals - film, fashion, architecture, art & design etc - and for culture in general
- Knowledge of the NOWNESS film archive
Reporting to: Head of Social and Managing Editor
Working closely with: Editorial and Advertising teams
These duties and responsibilities are indicative and not exhaustive but serve to give a realistic overview of the role and requirements. The company reserves the right to change this role description in response to the changing needs of the business.
Location: London WC2. This role is primarily office based requiring occasional national and international travel. You must have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
Digital Creative for This Here
Closing 12 March 2019
- This Here
Closing 20 March 2019
- Become Recruitment UK
- £30,000 to 40,000 p/a
Want more Social Media Editor, NOWNESS jobs?
Want to find more Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Marketing Executive jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.