Social Media Editor, Digital Spy for Hearst UK
Digital Spy, the UK’s biggest entertainment website, is looking for a Social Media Editor to continue to grow our social media presence and lead the brand’s social strategy.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing social platforms for a relevant digital brand or publication and will also have an extensive knowledge of, and passion for, the entertainment industry.
Proficiency in Photoshop and social video editing and creation is a must, as we push to adapt our content for social media. Delivering regular reports and action points is key, along with social media training and an understanding of the ever-changing Facebook algorithm.
You will also need clear strategies on how to grow platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. Additionally, you’ll have a great eye for spotting breaking news stories on social media ahead of the competition for the DS brand (both for the site and on social). Plus, you will have a strong writing tone and proficiency in English to promote these stories on social.
- Writing and publishing social posts in a time-sensitive manner on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram linking to stories on website (digitalspy.com).
- Identifying breaking news stories relevant to the DS audience and flagging them to the news team, as well as a strong awareness of current trending topics.
- Carrying out daily and monthly social statistics reports for the team and managing editors and being able to provide interpretations and meaning behind the numbers.
- Grow the audience following on our online social platforms (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram) whilst maintaining high engagement.
- Creating social images on Photoshop to better illustrate stories.
- Delivering regular social media video revenue with diligent management of our social media video outlets.
- Creating video news stories for the biggest news stories of the day, as well as original memes and GIFs to share on social platforms.
- Assisting Deputy Editor with ideas for video content on the site and on social media, as well as managing monthly social video budget.
- Teach other team members in best social media practices and provide feedback for potential areas of development.
- Manage the continued growth of our Instagram account and work with the Pictures Team to identify suitable content for the platform (creating picture galleries and news images specifically for Instagram).
- Keep on top of the changing Facebook algorithm with regards to clickthrough and reach and track any industry updates in best practice for all social media platforms.
- Experience managing social media for a big and comparable brand or publication.
- Knowledge of social media publishing tools such as Buffer and Social Flow.
- Experience editing video is also a big advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of social media in terms or publishing and reporting.
- Great Photoshop and multimedia design skills.
- A self-starter, who can work autonomously, as well as leading the brand’s social vision.
- Passion and knowledge in developments in social media.
- Experience delivering social media training.
- Experience delivering and managing social media video revenue.
- Great visual design skills.
- Great time management skills.
Mid-weight Motion Designer
Closing 13 November 2018
- RedSofa London
- £35,000 to 40,000 p/a
Social Media Designer
Closing 7 November 2018
- Creative Recruitment
- £250 to 260 /day
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.