Social Media Director
Social Media Director (SMD) position in the Square Enix Europe Marketing organisation.
The role requires a strategic and creative professional to drive the development of breakthrough social media strategy & facilitate strong collaboration with internal teams to execute the strategies.
The SMD will be responsible for implementing industry-wide best practices, ensuring that the social media campaigns deliver best in class content, engagement and KPI’s.
Having 10+ years of management experience, including 5+ years in the social media & community management, the SMD will need to demonstrate strong leadership capabilities. Management and development of the EU central social media team will be a key requirement.
The role will require working with the Project teams across the Square Enix portfolio and the Director of Social Media and Community in North America. In addition, strong collaboration with the social media / community teams managing the game/brand channel communications/executions, along with strategic guidance, will be important.
Successful candidates will have a strong record of accomplishment in social media and community vertical from the games industry, relevant entertainment or technology sectors. You will have demonstrated your ability to define clear goals and develop creative, high-impact strategies and activities to achieve those goals, based on a deep understanding of intended audiences and social media channels.
If you are excited by the idea of working with a diverse global team, have demonstrated great strategic vision and planning throughout your career, and are passionate about video games, technology and entertainment, apply.
- Build a strategic plan for the specific brands across the social channels.
- Build strong communication and workflows channels among the social media and community teams.
- Define Social Media objectives & communicate measurable goals for achieving them, to drive awareness, engagement and growth in the share of voice across the games brand channels.
- Work with the game Project Teams to align on the strategy, messaging and creative execution of the supporting assets.
- Work with agencies to analyse social media performance and effectiveness across the brand channels. Ensure that best practices and key insights are used to drive the business forward.
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships across the brands social media platforms.
Square Enix Europe Executive Director, Director of Social Media & Community, Marketing Directors, Square Enix Japan Marketing & Publicity & Development Studios, Territory marketing teams, Community & Service teams, Production teams, Consumer Insights, Digital Own Channels team, Influencer teams, Analytics, Legal.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven experience of strategic planning and executing social media campaign in games industry, relevant entertainment or technology sectors.
- Experience of working across multi-disciplinary departments and international markets including, Europe, Australasia, North America and Japan.
- Good and confident communicator / presenter, with proven ability of communicating with a diverse number of international stakeholders.
- Very good project management capability.
- Ability to brief, manage & modify campaigns across touchpoints to excite and engage consumers.
- Good experience of tracking campaign results via previously agreed measures.
- Excellent at writing detailed briefs and presentations.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes:
- Very strong team player - able to work within an interdisciplinary game team and international business.
- Able to work under pressure and find solutions to multiple and varying needs.
- Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Good business acumen.
- Proven ability to build, motivate and progress teams to achieve business and personal goals.
- Understanding of game development and willing to learn more about how games are developed.
- Additional languages (European &/or Japanese) a plus but not compulsory.
- Willing to travel. Valid Passport to enable international travel, where necessary. General interest in current trends in entertainment, technology, content and promotion.
- Shows passion and excitement about video games, keeps up to date with developments within industry.
Campaign and Creative Manager
Closing 25 November 2020
Social Media Executive
Closing 24 November 2020
- Sky UK
Want more Social Media Director jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Director jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Strategists jobs, Planner jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Media Planner jobs, Social Media Director jobs, Strategy Director jobs, Strategy Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.