Social Media Coordinator
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
The Social Media Coordinator will be an integral member of the organic Social Media Team and the wider digitial marketing team. You will have a proven track record of demonstrating exceptional knowledge and understanding of the whole spectrum of the social media landscape – including content optimisation and publishing algorithyms, building and engaging communities, social listening and reporting, planning and execution of socially-led campaigns, and an understanding of the latest technologies impacting key global platforms.
You are passionate about social, and understand the complexities and nuances because you are an avid user. You are naturaully curious, always seeking out best practise examples, and love to break down barriers with new ways of doing things.
You will have strong experience with building and engaging with social communities and know how to use data driven insights to improve and optimised content strategies.
You will have exposure to the broader creative, marketing, PR and event groups within Burberry, and gain a deep understanding of how social platforms and behaviours impact wider marketing / communications efforts as well as the business at large.
You will be a confident communicator and be able to build working relationships well. You’re attention to detail will be second to none, and it will help to ensure flawless execution of global and regional social activities.
- Strategy: Devise and execute social responses and briefs from wider marketing strategies, working closely with other digital streams to ensure synergy and alligmnet with digital marketing objectives
- Reporting and Insights:
- Understand different platform metrics and confidently be able to pull together the right data and metrics to support social objectives.
- Develop insights and learnings easily from social performance, understanding how to hypothesise and support insights using the right social data.
- Collaborating closely with Art Direction, Brand Experience, Digital Design & Video teams to ensure content created is optimised for platforms and adhering to best practise .
- Share content performance learnings and devise strategies and tactics to increase reach and engagement.
- Messaging: Working closely with Brand Experience teams to determin messaging and narrative for content, and brief in copy requirements incorporating data-lead learnings and best practise.
- Understanding platform nuances and confidently publish on social channels (Western & Eastern), pulling different publishing levers to optimise post performance.
- Plan logisitics around live capture and publishing across multiple platforms, and be able to live publish in a reactive and fast paced environments.
- Localisation: Working closely with relevant global and local teams to ensure localising campaigns and messages are done so effectively.
- Community: Working closely with others social team members, Influencer, CRM and digital teams to identify and manage opportunities for social engagement with different communities, influencers and content creators across the year.
- Innovation: Staying on top of, and proactively sharing trends in social media and the wider digital landscape. Contributing to social strategy evolutions and campaign development.
- The Social Media Coordinator must demonstrate a clear understanding of all western social media platforms, including but not limited to:
- Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok.
- An understanding of major Asian social networks is a plus – WeChat, Weibo, LINE, Kakao.
- An understanding of social metrics, who can interpret numbers and data into actionable insights and learnings.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and willingness to learn; enthusiasm is a must.
- A natural communicator – confident in presenting ideas and social thinking to different parts of the business.
- An excellent organiser who can multitask and prioritise multiple projects and deadlines.
- Can work under pressure, with the ability to be reactive and flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- An obsessive attention to detail and a track record of operating in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Strong interest in and understanding of the digital media landscape, particularly within Social Media .
- Interest in the fashion industry is strongly preferred.
- Degree level education.
Job Segment: Social Media, Media, Marketing Communications, Communications, CRM, Marketing, Technology.
Social Media Manager
Closing 15 August 2019
- Gemini People
- £35,000 to 45,000 p/a
Community Manager (Influencer, Social Media, Followers)
Closing 13 August 2019
- Creative Recruitment
- £45,000 to 55,000 p/a
Want more Social Media Coordinator jobs?
Want to find more Affiliate Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.