Social Editorial Manager, YouTube
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in Marketing.
- Experience managing the day-to-day social presence of major consumer brand, developing content and programing to bring its values and mission to life.
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends and present key findings (both quantitative and analytic skills) and then apply to future programs.
- Great project management and multitasking skills.
- Exceptional writing skills, with editorial point of view for what is right for a platforms brand and voice.
- Passionate about all things YouTube, hyper-knowledgeable about Internet culture, and an avid expert user of social media.
About the job:
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
In this role, you’ll live and breathe YouTube, crafting and managing the social voice. You are great copywriter, working closely with a designer and an analyst to develop content which is insightfully conceived, nimbly developed and beautifully crafted. This will span everything from a day-to-day drumbeat of content which represents the best of our brand and celebrates the things that matter most to our audience, through to crisis response, product launches and content promotion.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Curate editorial content for YouTube, showcasing videos which represent the best of our brand.
- Manage our community, listening/responding to conversation where YouTube has an opportunity to be useful, Grow our YouTube community in size and engagement.
- Consider the role of our social channels in response to real world events where the values we stand for as a brand are under threat.
- Be an expert on trending topics and conversation, analyze user response to content, identify things users care about; stay ahead of social media trends and consider the applicability to YouTube.
- Define and track an engaged community, converge what’s happening on Social with the business metrics, identify trends within our community and social space, and have ideas on how to maximize on them for users.
Closing 11 December 2019
- Michael Kors
- New York
Vans Sr Copywriter
Closing 12 December 2019
- Costa Mesa
Want more Social Editorial Manager, YouTube jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Art Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.