Social Editor - Tyla
As a Social Editor for Tyla, you will use your intuitive understanding of social media trends and algorithms to build the daily news list and write highly engaging and shareable sells for editorial stories.
In the role, you will thrive on a fast-paced and target-driven news desk, demand attention to detail, relish tight deadlines and constantly look to grow your journalistic flair. Being able to task manage other team members, as well as mentoring to ensure their personal career development, is essential.
Working closely with the Editor, you will also be expected to take on the responsibility of individual projects and have a voice on the direction of Tyla editorial. And, crucially, you will have an instinctive understanding of what makes the audience tick, while never being afraid to experiment and try new approaches.
What will you be doing?
You will package content across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok to give each and every piece of content the chance to reach as many of our readers’ lives as possible.
You will have an eye for soon-to-be trending news and will support the editorial team with sourcing stories and developing feature ideas. Crucially, you will know how to create the words and images to package a story on social media better than any of our competitors.
- Writing the social media sells across all platforms for all editorial stories and videos.
- Remaining proactive by researching and seeking the latest news, trends and exclusives ahead of competitors.
- Creating the visuals to support the stories we publish on any social platform.
- Playing an active part in growing engagement, scroll depth, repeat visits and dwell-time on site.
- Being an expert on any changes to trends on social media and ensuring we are ahead of the curve when it comes to the content published on those channels.
- Maintaining impeccable grammar and punctuation skills.
- Continually striving to understand the tone of the brand.
- Being a brand ambassador for Tyla and ensuring we strive for engagement while never compromising on tone of voice, authenticity and audience trust.
What do you need to have done before?
You will be an adept and unflappable social media expert, with a passion for analysing insights and traffic, building engagement on social media and spotting opportunities within the changing landscape of digital.
- Experience of working in a social media role on a women’s publisher.
- Target driven with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- A high standard of written English and outstanding writing, research and writing skills.
- A proven ability to think, imagine and produce new and original ideas whilst continually delivering unique and engaging content in the Tyla tone.
- Proven SEO knowledge and/or experience.
- Clear understanding of Google Analytics, Facebook insights and other analytics tools.
- CMS trained with photoshop abilities.
- A degree within a relevant field is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working in a social media role within a publisher.
Tyla brings the UK’s young women together with relatable, entertaining and thought-provoking stories. We encourage women to share their life experience and advice within our thriving community.
We bring the news she cares about direct to her social feed. The stories that make her laugh, that she shares in the group chat and that get under her skin. At Tyla we’re never about improving or changing our audience.
LADbible Group is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.
Digital Content Editor
Closing 28 January 2021
- AA plc
- £45,000 per annum
Communications Manager, Health
Closing 18 March 2021
- Reckitt Benckiser
- £Competitive Salary & excellent benefits package
Want more Social Editor - Tyla jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.