Social & Digital Exec for Discovery Communications
Hi there! We’re on the hunt for a passionate, dedicated and TV-obsessed Social Media & Digital Executive to join our small butfearless UK Marcomms team as we bring viewers the very best in real life entertainment. Discovery is a global media leader, and we can only be the best if we have the best people (you!) in our team. As a team, we are responsible for managing and delivering all the fantastic promotional campaigns for Discovery UK’s lifestyle & entertainment brands - Quest Red, Food Network, TLC & Investigation Discovery.
The Social Media & Digital Executive will report into the Social Media & Digital Manager, but will also be a key member of the wider team, working closely with the Marketing Manager and Senior PR Manager to ensure that we have fully integrated campaigns, to showcase amazing franchises like Say Yes to the Dress, Cake Boss, Katie Price: My Crazy Life, and Man vs. Food, as well as a diverse range of other fantastic shows.
So, if this sounds like a job you’d Say Yes to, then we definitely want to hear from you!
- Creating and curating content for our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest & YouTube) that is aligned with editorial and marketing priorities.
- Encouraging brand engagement in social spaces, turning followers into fans through conversation and content. Building advocates through communities & existing interest groups e.g. Food, Weddings, Paranormal & Real Crime.
- Acting as a key brand ambassador as the first point of contact for consumers with the channels, a love of entertainment TV is essential.
- Working with channel talent (e.g. Olivia Buckland, Katie Price, Gok Wan) to harness their communities to drive awareness of shows.
- Sourcing additional content for digital platforms to boost engagement e.g. video diaries, behind the scenes exclusives, talent interviews.
- Working with marketing manager and design team to ensure a consistent look and feel for the brand across all digital touchpoints.
- Working closely with international marketing teams to identify content to be commissioned/acquired, and localise global digital content to make it suitable for local needs.
- Liaising with third party agencies regularly to supply materials for paid digital campaigns
- Maintaining the Food Network UK website to reflect programming priorities (inc. seasonal stunts) and ensure functional TV listings.
- Identifying & exploiting key dual screen opportunities to drive engagement in social with live interactive events around key titles.
- Supplying insights and data at campaign level to wider teams.
- Keeping up to date with emerging content trends, platform tools etc. to ensure strategy is evolving in line with the industry.
- Strong copywriting and creative writing skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Confidence to propose new and different solutions to existing practices
- Experience in using social media for content promotion and brand engagement – ideally for an entertainment/TV brand
- Tech savvy, with CMS and Photoshop experience
- Ability to identify “sticky” short-form video content, adapt/edit for different social platforms e.g. Instagram vs Snapchat vs Twitter
- Experience with image editing, optimisation, usability and accessibility standards
- Ability to use social media measurement tools to adapt content and optimise engagement
- Able to think on your feet & come up with innovative, cross-platform ideas
- Ability to remain highly focused and flexible while working under pressure on several projects at once
- Experience with Omniture, Google Analytics, Final Cut Pro/Avid are a plus!
- Of Discovery Network UK flagship brands
- Of the broadcast, media and digital industries
- Demonstrates good consumer understanding and insights
This role is based in our London office in Chiswick.
Finally, if you’re excited to bring your skills to our team, then what are you waiting for? We’re looking forward to your application.
Social Media Manager
Closing 13 March 2019
Digital Creative for This Here
Closing 12 March 2019
- This Here
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.