Senior or Principal UX Designer
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is seeking a thoughtful and talented UX designer to join our growing team. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best-in-class compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever-expanding set of foundational cloud-based services.
The ideal candidate will be passionate, self-motivated, able to multitask effectively, and have strong communication skills. This individual will be fairly autonomous and be expected to contribute to a wide range of high-impact projects across the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure console.
Day to day activities could range from:
Conducting exploratory meetings to understand an assigned project, creating storyboards/walkthroughs, working on high-fidelity designs utilizing a design system, helping to improve ui components for that design system, presenting designs to a broader team for feedback and collaborating with fellow UX team members, UI Development, Product, Support, Project Management and Service Teams.
- Contribute to the design process in order to deliver effective and desirable end-to-end solutions across multiple projects.
- Communicate the user experience throughout the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Facilitate and be an advocate for the design process across product, engineering, and cross-functional teams.
- Ensure a holistic, strategic, detailed approach to design in your product area.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented and reflect design intent.
- Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
- 5+ years professional UX Design experience.
- Bachelors degree in Human-Computer Interaction or related fields or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work independently and solicit feedback from the design team.
- Thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, agile environment.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to provide solutions that enhance the entire user flow not only features.
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe, or similar.
- A portfolio demonstrating experience in product design and end to end user journeys.
- experience working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with following and maintaining design systems.
- Understanding of development tools including APIs, IDEs, and Git.
- Experience leading cross-functional discussions and design reviews.
- Working familiarity with scrum/agile processes.
- Experience with Jira or similar issue tracking tools.
- Experience or understanding of cloud concepts and technologies.
- Conduct user studies, analyze, present, and create actionable changes to the UI to better the user experience.
Diversity and Inclusion:
An Oracle career can span industries, roles, Countries and cultures, giving you the opportunity to flourish in new roles and innovate, while blending work life in. Oracle has thrived through 40+ years of change by innovating and operating with integrity while delivering for the top companies in almost every industry.
In order to nurture the talent that makes this happen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that celebrates and values diverse insights and perspectives, a workforce that inspires thought leadership and innovation.
Oracle offers a highly competitive suite of Employee Benefits designed on the principles of parity, consistency, and affordability. The overall package includes certain core elements such as Medical, Life Insurance, access to Retirement Planning, and much more. We also encourage our employees to engage in the culture of giving back to the communities where we live and do business.
At Oracle, we believe that innovation starts with diversity and inclusion and to create the future we need talent from various backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to successfully participate in the job application, interview process, and in potential roles. to perform crucial job functions.
That’s why we’re committed to creating a workforce where all individuals can do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued that we’re inspired to go beyond what’s been done before.
Certain US customer or client-facing roles may be required to comply with applicable requirements, such as immunization and occupational health mandates.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer*. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior UX Designer - OC Robotics
Closing 21 November 2022
- General Electric
Senior UX Designer (Payments)
Closing 8 November 2022
- Hargreaves Lansdown
- perm, part time
Senior Specialist, Digital Designer
Closing 1 November 2022
- Bristol, Cambridge, London, Manchester
Want more Senior or Principal UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.