Why Join the MoneySupermarket.com Content Team?
2020 is a pivotal year for MoneySuperMarket, and an exciting time to become part of our Content team. With a refreshed strategic direction, a refined target audience and a new brand positioning, content is a crucial tool to put the customer at the heart of the MoneySuperMarket.com experience.
We are responsible for the conception, management and delivery of all customer-facing content on MoneySupermarket.com, predominantly split across our three pillars of production – Organic Performance (SEO), CRM and Strategic Brand content.
We are looking for someone with excellent financial services knowledge who is capable of multi-tasking to a high organizational standard. We are an outgoing, enthusiastic and tenacious bunch that aims high and rarely compromises - and are looking for another person in this vein.
Why Our Role?
As Senior Writer, you’ll be the team’s ‘go to person’ to help de-mystify complex financial services issues that affect MoneySuprMarket.com customers. Now more than ever, our customers need help and guidance to cut through jargon and confusion, delivering succinct and clear content directly to them regardless of how they choose to visit our website.
You’ll work primarily with our Organic Performance content writers helping to deliver the OP teams’ strategic programme of work on time and to a high specification. You’ll produce clear, succinct and engaging copy and content that is optimised to capture organic searches while maintaining our editorial integrity and promoting our brand purpose consistently. Often you will be asked to cover the most complex subjects, creating content that strikes the balance between delivering the message in a digestible way whilst also following SEO best practice.
Your copy will also meet consumer demands for information, help improve their understanding of how to make the most of their money, often achieve a commercial outcome and ultimately help solicit a state of Money Calm.
In your role as Senior Writer, you’ll be expected to mentor and guide more junior members of the team and provide guidance and advice when needed especially around developments in the world of financial services.
What will you be doing?
- Create guides and articles that distil complex financial matters into easy to consume digestible formats that also achieve a commercial outcome.
- Ensure content is optimised for organic searches, including answer box queries by working closely with Organic Performance teams and having a strong SEO working knowledge.
- Keep abreast of all developments in the world of financial services that could have a bearing on customers and ensure this knowledge is circulated and understood amongst the Content Team.
- Support the OP campaigns team as required with ideation and content, working directly with the OP and PR teams as well as external agencies when required.
- Be the Content Team point of contact and project manage delivery of any news developments that require content support e.g Budget announcement, Coronavirus developments etc, being prepared to pivot rapidly to these when needed.
- Refresh existing content to ensure it is up to date, accurate and helpful for consumers, and create new content to support both customer intent and our broader SEO profile where an opportunity exists.
- Mentor more junior SEO Content Team members written work and industry knowledge development.
- Develop and nurture relationships with key internal commercial stakeholders.
- Create articles for CRM newsletter sends when required.
- Assist in website brand content creation when required.
- Support with BAU copy changes as required.
- Ensure the accuracy, quality and on-brand tone of voice of all your own work.
- Support the Content Manager - SEO, and Senior Content & Publishing Operation Manager to ensure SEO requirements form part of content plans.
What do you need to excel in this role?
- Extensive experience as an online personal finance journalist/writer both in a news based environment or in a commercial content led capacity.
- Thorough knowledge of the financial services industry especially in the money, insurance and energy spaces.
- Excellent copywriting skills, with the ability to produce clear customer-facing content that explains complicated concepts.
- The ability to write about products in an articulate, customer-focused and compelling way.
- Ability to juggle several different projects concurrently.
- Solid working knowledge of SEO best practices & techniques and how to craft copy to rank well organically.
- Evidence of customer-centricity.
- Interest in developing and mentoring more junior team members both technically and through product knowledge.
- A solid understanding of brand and tone of voice, good verbal communication skills and a positive team ethic are key.
- Solid business acumen and appreciation of driving commercial ROI.
- Interest in and passion for digital landscape and finger on pulse of content and consumer trends.
- Contacts in the financial services industry.
- A keen eye on competitors and an understanding of what they’re doing well.
Multichannel Copywriter (9 month FTC)
Closing 28 November 2020
- perm, remote, temp to perm
- £Depending on experience
Senior Content Manager
Closing 29 November 2020
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Want more Senior Writer jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Content Author jobs, Copywriter - SEO specialist jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Writer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.