Senior Womenswear Designer
Our Mission is to build a successful company through the creation of a leading designer brand. By conducting ourselves in an efficient and courteous manner and by maintaining Ted’s high standards and integrity, we pride ourselves in always being in a position to satisfy the needs of our customer. In order to protect the ethos and persona for which we have gained an enviable reputation, we always ask ourselves the question: ‘Would Ted do it that way?’**
Where does this role fit within Ted's Team?
Ted is looking for a Senior Designer to support the Designing of Mad(e) in Britain and TED Mainline product alongside another Senior Designer. Reporting in to the Global Creative Director, you will work with the team to create a mood and inspiration for the relevant season, which will help inspire the design. You will be responsible for day to day management of your area, communicating with factories, answering any enquiries. Also liaising with buying, production, garment techs, trims allocator and design admin to ensure the smooth running of the product from conception to the store.
• Work with the Design team to create mood, colour and inspiration for relevant season.
• Through own personal research, magazine tears and vintage samples gather enough research to start designing.
• Source new and exciting yarns and fabrics from trade shows.
• Present sketches to the Global Creative Director for selection.
• Chosen designs are selected, flat sketched and reviewed with the Garment Techs.
• Works with PC’s and Trim co-ordinator to choose, trims, buttons, linings etc for each design.
• Work on the fit of the garment from initial design, to proto, revised fit, SMS, pre-production sample.
• Correspond daily with all factories to ensure the process of design to sample runs smoothly.
• Frequent trips to the Far East for factories to work one on one which helps to build relationships.
• Research trips abroad and local for inspiration.
• Delegate daily tasks to Admin Assistants and Assistant Designer to ensure the smooth running of your area.
• Work alongside the PD for the development of the collection.
• Factory/research trips internationally.
• Develop clear tech packs for each style to the handover of styles to the PD/Tech department.
• Develop all graphic/print/logo/motif designs with external freelance teams/internal creative/print teams.
• Develop key research packs for MIB.
• Oversee the full product life cycle in conjunction with the PD department.
Tools of the Trade…
• Must be able to fit garments.
• Great eye for design, being able to communicate your ideas onto paper.
• Technical knowledge of yarn and fabrics, as well as garment construction.
• Must have experience of working with and building strong working relationships with factories and suppliers
• Experience with denim, outerwear, jackets, trousers.
• Good team player and communicator.
• Able to manage people and delegate work effectively.
• Hardworking and manage your work load.
• Get the best out of yourself.
Ted’s Core Competencies…
• Satisfy the needs of our customer, always.
• Pursue growth and opportunities through initiative and proactivity.
• Build open and honest relationships with clear communication.
• Create a positive team environment, encourage collaboration.
• Be proud, passionate, motivated, committed.
• Take ownership, be accountable.
• Encourage organisation, high standards and efficiencies.
Ted Baker is committed to equal opportunities and embraces diversity, understanding the needs and benefits of a balanced, inclusive workforce. We do not tolerate any harassment or discrimination towards any of our candidates or employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
Creative Digital Design Manager
Closing 9 March 2021
Senior Graphic Designer - Contract
Closing 18 March 2021
- Square Enix
- remote, temp to perm, part time
Want more Senior Womenswear Designer jobs?
Want to find more Branding Designer jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs, Fashion Designer jobs, Fashion Graphic Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.