Senior Web Developer
Digital is at the core of everything we do and we’re looking for an experienced Senior Web Developer to join our established development team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly talented, creative and friendly team working within a converted barn on a varied range of exciting websites and digital projects.
You will have a passion for coding and new technologies with a portfolio of sites / projects that clearly demonstrate your skills and capabilities.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Developing websites and web applications which are optimised across multiple browsers and device platform.
- Working across a broad range of exciting projects for different clients and big brands.
- Helping to recommend, plan and develop dynamic web and digital projects.
- Being actively involved at all stages of the design and development process.
- Working closely with the UX, design, SEO and project management teams.
- Testing and supporting new and existing solutions.
- Staying up-to-date with current web trends and new technologies and have a desire to push the boundaries.
- Working in a variety of development processes, including Agile.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Advanced knowledge of PHP and MySQL including modern PHP frameworks such as Symfony and Laravel.
- Experience working with Node.JS/Express.
- Skilled in Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns.
- Extensive experience of developing and testing responsive websites for multiple browsers, platforms and devices.
- Proficient in Linux administration, Apache configuration and MySQL database design.
- Experience of using version control systems – ideally Git.
- Good working knowledge of web and mobile UX/UI best practices.
- A good understanding of accessibility standard.
- An organised approach with excellent attention to detail and a pride in your work.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines whilst providing clients and colleagues with exceptional service at all times.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience of automated testing (for example PhpUnit, Behat or Selenium) and automated deployment and continuous integration (Travis, Jenkins).
- Good understanding of testing methodologies and procedures.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with Drupal/Wordpress architecture.
We like to look after our team and provide a lot of benefits. This is all the normal stuff we offer but, with the pandemic going on, some of these have been put on the back-burner for a while for safety reasons. We hope to bring it all back soon though – we’re missing our parties and the pick ‘n’ mix!
Wherever you’re working from:
- Flexible working.
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 28 days after five years) plus bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Bupa health insurance.
- Bupa dental insurance.
- Bupa wellbeing health expenses cash plan.
- Conferences and training.
- Regular social events including the Christmas Party and the famous Torpedo Summer Family Fun Day.
- Annual Torpedo Awards.
- Team challenges such as Blenheim Triathlon, 3 Peaks, Tough Mudder, Jurassic Walk.
- Cycle to work bike scheme.
- Free annual flu vaccination.
- Sports teams including running, football and netball.
And for when you’re in the office:
- Modern agency environment in a converted barn.
- Excellent location with free parking.
- Charging points if you drive electric.
- Covered bike shed.
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court.
- Free fruit in the office every week.
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee.
- Tasty snacks and pick ‘n’ mix sweets.
- Breakout area with large TV.
- Sonos sound system with shared playlists.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 13 November 2021
- £25,000 to 30,000 per annum
Closing 16 November 2021
Closing 17 November 2021
- RSA Group
Want more Senior Web Developer jobs?
Want to find more App Developer jobs, Frontend Web Developer jobs, Fullstack Developer jobs, Software Developer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Web Developer jobs, Development Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.