Senior Visual Designer
In Cognition, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit, to machine vision, speech and language, and more. We’re a team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox.
We are seeking a broadly talented Graphic Designer with a formal design background to help craft and execute new stories for the Microsoft customer of tomorrow. Your mandate is broad: you'll create everything from branding high-profile events, diagrams that explain our technology, to videos that tell our most important stories. We're looking for a self-starter who can take ownership of their projects and work under tight deadlines in collaboration with team members, project directors, and company leadership.
The Graphic Designer will directly support an executive office, serving a mission-critical role within the organization. This role requires a designer who understands the power of shared vision, and the value in distilling complicated technical concepts into expressions that create clarity. This role is tightly embedded within a multi-disciplinary family of art directors, designers, concept, and motion graphics artists.
- Create a wide variety of visual assets, including: 2D design, infographics, animated motion graphics, and executive-level PowerPoint presentations.
- Support the creation and execution of internal and external communications.
- Directly support the organization’s messaging and branding initiatives.
- Directly support executive storytelling and communications.
- Work closely with Art Directors and Concept Artists on asset creation.
- Collaborate with a variety of disciplines: Software Developers, UI/UX Designers, Audio Designers, Project Managers, and Leadership Teams.
- Work with and seek feedback from peers and leads.
- Meet project deadlines and goals, while being a positive, synergistic and
creative force within the team.
You are a great fit if you:
- Have a passion for visual and information design.
- Are obsessive about typography.
- Thrive in dynamic and fast-paced environments.
- Have a solid understanding of digital art processes and the production and technical requirements of professional design, film, and video content development.
- Can work well in an agile, low-fi to high-fi process, adapting to frequent changes.
- Have an excellent aesthetic eye, knowing what visual quality looks like and how to achieve it.
- Have excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Are self-motivated and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of prototype and
- 5+ years as a working Visual Designer using 2D/3D software for content production, including: 2D design, motion graphics / animation, 3D, and video.
- A portfolio demonstrating exceptional command of typography, layout, and information design.
- Excellent aesthetic eye with a focus on details.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize broad and ambiguous concepts through design.
- Great problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically through creative tasks.
- Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments, embracing flexibility with a willingness to pivot.
- A penchant for details and organization, including the ability to prioritize tasks, communicate progress and meet deadlines.
- Professional experience with PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite and Cinema4D.
- Understanding of Octane Render or Redshift.
- Film and video editing / post-production experience.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
UI/UX Designer - Vertica
Closing 17 March 2020
- Micro Focus
UX Graphics Designer
Closing 17 March 2020
- Micro Focus
- Fort Collins
Want more Senior Visual Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Visualiser - 3D jobs, Visualiser - Digital jobs, 2D Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.