Senior Video Editor
The Senior Video Editor will be required fully support & co-ordinate the Video Team with day to day duties and video projects. The role requires a focused, driven, hardworking individual. You must be able to remain calm and professional in pressured situations while maintaining a positive and proactive attitude. This role demands a team player who is eager to learn and develop and can grasp new information quickly. You will also be flexible and have the ability to think outside of the box and bring new ideas to the team.
It is vital that you are passionate about videography and fashion, and that you have a solid understanding of current trends and how they relate to the ASOS customer.
What you'll be doing:
- Fully support & co-ordinate the Video Team with day to day duties and video projects.
- Establish yourself as the Senior within the Video Team.
- Ensure all day to day duties are adhered to by the Video Team at all times and to the highest standard.
- Ensure the team are always following correct protocol and processes ensuring quality and highest standard of work throughout.
- Ensure all day to day duties are adhered to the highest standard as well as your Senior duties (Please refer to the day to day duties at the bottom of this Job Spec).
- Fully support the Video Team Leader and Studio Management when necessary with excellent communication.
- Cover the Video Team Leader when necessary with Scheduling, QC-ing, Uploading, Video Projects etc.
- Create a weekly schedule for the Video Team and freelancers.
- Responsible for ensuring video equipment is fully stocked at all times, managing all equipment orders, servicing and replacements when necessary.
- Awareness of Video budget and managing this monthly.
- Work with the Video Team Leader to schedule and create an agenda for all Video Workshops.
- Source new freelance Video Editors to ensure the team remain fully supported.
- Fully train and support all Video freelance trials.
- Work with Video Team Leader on all Video Competitor Reviews. Review competitors, conduct reviews on processes, edits and filming.
- Delegate tasks and smaller projects to the team.
- Review ways to improve current processes. Lead these discussions and ideas with the Video Team and Video Team Leader.
- Co-ordinate and own video projects when required.
- Continue to develop all relationships with the Studio Team to ensure the shoot flow and processes are efficient and productive with regular reviewing.
- Develop all technical knowledge and translate to team members where necessary. Administer technical advice and guidance, research new ways of editing and work to ensure you are following the most efficient process.
- Establish yourself as the go to for new model/ street cast model queries. Work closely with Model Booking and Video Team Leader to help develop street cast models.
- Constantly strive to develop all areas video from quality to efficiency, ensuring ASOS.com remains the leader in online imagery/video.
We'd love to meet someone who can:
- Film, edit and upload all video imagery for the ASOS product pages, within deadline and to the highest standard.
- Ensure product is filmed in the absolute best way possible so that the customer is able to gather as much information from the clip to show the product authentically.
- Become fully familiar with all ways in which Videos across all relevant product types are shot at ASOS, ensuring quality and highest standard of work throughout
- Direct the models to ensure their movements are as authentic as possible, and give advice where necessary for the models to strengthen and improve. Work with Model Booking to ensure the model can walk/move in the required way, gain support and advice on this making sure you fully understand the correct and strongest model movements.
- Work with studios to ensure that all processes are adhered to including correctly coded product.
- Be responsible for quality checking each edit filmed, ensuring maximum attention to detail to guarantee the product is shown in the most optimum way with nothing disrupting the quality of the clip For example, labels hanging out.
- Constantly strive to develop the quality and efficiency of the videos, ensuring ASOS.com remains the leader in online imagery/video.
- Support the Studio Management Team with all video related issues and technical issues, including participation in discussion regarding software upgrades.
A bit about the Team:
Production is a team of creative professionals; working together to ensure the entire production process is run seamlessly. It’s incredibly diverse, built up of several departments ranging from Studio, Shoot Operations, Retouching, Copy Writing and Production itself. It’s a very busy, very exciting area to be a part of, requiring constant communication between the team, and all the other areas of the business.
Closing 21 November 2019
- All Saints
Closing 20 November 2019
- TJX Europe
Want more Senior Video Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Production Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.