Senior VFX Editor
MPC Episodic opens the world of award-winning, industry defining VFX tools and talent to streaming and episodic showrunners globally.
From pitch to delivery, from Virtual Production techniques to the latest in photo-real CG character development, from the most minute detail to epic earth-shattering effects, MPC Episodic delivers new levels of expertise to episodic VFX.
MPC is home to brave creators who are eager to combine innovation, craft and creativity to bring entirely different ideas and experiences to audiences everywhere. Working at MPC is where passion and purpose come together; we support new ways of thinking to empower talent as we continue to lead the industry.
The Senior VFX Editor is a key member of the VFX Editorial Department for MPC Episodics. Their core skills need to be level with if not higher than all other Seniors. Technical knowledge, pipeline awareness and interpersonal acumen need to be at the highest as they are the pivot point between Editorial and Production.
- Client liaison on behalf of facility for editorial requests.
- Support production team and artist base with editorial information and quality control throughout the VFX process.
- Ingest VFX on-set data from client and distribute to relevant departments.
- Share information with Supervisors and Artists on latest edit context and how updates affect the creative process.
- Distribute and log specific shot/cut information in multiple databases to match the latest client updates.
- Update NLE systems with VFX shots for review by supervisors.
- Run internal dailies sessions for each discipline of the VFX process.
- Run Baselight, Cinesync and RV review sessions between multiple sites and clients globally.
- Deliver Quicktimes, Hi Res format and any other associated material to the client for approval.
- Perform editing functions as required by the production team.
- Troubleshoot problems that arise.
- Learn new technology and applications to develop usable skills on other editing platforms.
- Teach/influence the Mid/Junior VFX Editors.
- Provide first response cover/support due to illness/AL.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent computer skills in Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
- Excellent understanding of Truelight, RV, Avid, Cinesync and Premier.
- Excellent understanding of data management, video codecs, frame rates, resolutions and film formats.
- Excellent understanding of Colour Science required.
- Excellent Shell Scripting is an asset.
- Thorough understanding of the editing process.
- Able to provide guidance and basic training for New Starters, Mids, Juniors.
- 5+ years’ experience in the VFX Industry or similar industries.
- Experience in team management and providing training.
- Ability to establish and maintain a professional rapport with clients.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent standard of attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Work well with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrate leadership aptitudes.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Pleasant manner.
This job application remains open even when we don’t have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening.
Copywriter-(12 month contract)
Closing 3 October 2020
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Copywriter - Wellness-Pharmaceutical-Medical-Health-Brands
Closing 31 August 2020
- Creative Recruitment
- temp to perm, from remote
- £300 to 375 per day
Want more Senior VFX Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, VFX Artist jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.