Senior User Researcher
Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for a Senior User Researcher to join our insight team. To help us drive and support evidence-based design and product decisions throughout Spotify's product development process.
As part of our team, you will work with multiple methods to deliver to a fast paced and innovative team as we build the world’s best streaming service. You will help the team to gain a deep understanding of music and listening needs. Furthermore, you will work closely with data scientists to identify and understand audiences and define success metrics for our products. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music and podcasts.
What you’ll do:
- Define, plan, and conduct user research.
- Deliver compelling and timely insights to the product and design teams.
- Facilitate evidence-based product and design decisions.
- Develop and innovate on our mixed-methods user research practice.
- Take a holistic view of our understanding of our users and their behaviour, and proactively identify gaps and opportunities for new research.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team of product, tech, design and user research that foster a culture of impact and performance to propel Spotify’s user growth.
- Establish and maintain a culture of rigour and data curiosity to drive tangible business impact.
- You will work out of London office.
Who you are:
- You have extensive experience in a research role at a consumer-focused company.
- You have a degree in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Social Science, or a related field.
- You have broad experience of qualitative research methods.
- You are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research.
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests, and are able to synthesise quantitative data with qualitative user research.
- You are a phenomenal storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other stakeholders.
- You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven, creative environment.
- You are a seasoned professional who can mentor others from a position of authority.
- You are a specialist in a wide range of methods, to a high standard of rigour.
- You are a highly motivated and flexible individual with the ability to lead cross-functional teams and drive projects to successful and timely delivery.
- You thrive in a dynamic environment and are able to execute with autonomy.
Where you’ll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work.
Our global benefits:
- Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
- Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
- Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
- All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
- Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
- Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify:
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.