Senior User Experience UX Designer - MicrosoftThis job listing has expired
Microsoft is looking for a Senior UX designer to join our developer division and help us build fast, fresh, powerful, and fun technical products for mobile developers.
At Microsoft, Senior UX Designers are responsible for designing how users interact with our software. Senior UX Designers are expected to consider each project holistically, incorporating user requirements, business needs, technical constraints, and brand aspirations, to design user flows down to the finest details.
Due to the technical nature of Microsoft’s developer products, Senior UX Designers need to be familiar with and passionate about products for technical customers. Senior UX Designers must be adept at distilling complexity into clean, simple, and opinionated user interfaces that place the user’s needs at the core of the design.
The successful candidate will be eager to lead the design of projects from writing the initial brief with stakeholders, through advising engineering on design implementation and iteratively evolving the design. They will be experienced at working closely with visual designers, user researchers, developers and other UX designers to improve existing products, and bring exciting new projects to life. The person we are looking for will be a strong communicator, able to share their knowledge and insight with both stakeholders and other members of the design team.
Designing the UX of software development tools requires a practical, hands-on understanding of software development, so at some point in your life you must have written code, whether it was part of a job, a hobby or during education.
If you are passionate about improving the software development user experience, and love discussing technology and software development as much as you love discussing design, this is the perfect job for you.
• Capture project design requirements from Product Managers, Engineers and User Researchers, distill into a design brief and then agree the brief with all stakeholders.
• Facilitate project kickoff and requirement gathering workshops, leading collaborative exploration of the design problem space with Engineers and PMs.
• Utilize their expertise in UX design thinking to delve deeply into problems and find the best solutions that meet both user needs and Microsoft business objectives
• Provide sketches, wireframes, information architectures, prototypes, user flows (use cases, activity diagrams), and non-functional specifications for visual designers and implementation teams as appropriate.
• Clearly and systematically manage design scope in a timely fashion to facilitate progress and ensure that delivered designs are implementable within constraints.
• Collaborate with User Research and Testing to design solutions to fulfill user needs or identified gaps.
• Review and validate work with peers, stakeholders and users throughout the UX design process, maintaining communication with key team members
• Pitch design solutions to stakeholders, explaining and rationalizing design decisions to non-design audiences.
• Work with developers to iterate on designs during implementation. Maintain an open communication channel with devs and ensure products are delivered to a high standard.
• Continually watch for and identify ways to improve and evolve the design process and communication with groups outside the design team.
• Mentor, motivate, inspire and lead less experienced members of the team
• Prioritize and work in an agile, iterative way
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a user experience designer working on software products
• 1-2 years User Experience, UX
• 1-2 years of background in software engineering, must have written code at some point in their career or education or as a hobby
• Experience working client side as a UX designer on products at a software development company (not only agency experience) Client side, software design
• Experience driving and applying user centered design processes UCD
• Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams including engineering, PM and research Collaboration
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Senior Visual Designer - DigitasLBi
Closing 26 October 2017
Visual Designer for Right Side Up
Closing 25 October 2017
- Right Side Up
- San Francisco
- $75 to 100 /h
Want more Senior User Experience UX Designer - Microsoft jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Web Developer jobs, Information Architect jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.