Senior User Experience Designer
Experience Designers at AKQA live at the intersection of strategy, creativity and research to design meaningful, user-centric experiences that meet the needs of brands and their audiences. Combining empathy, communication skills and systems thinking they work collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams to deliver innovative solutions for any space, channel or device.
Senior User Experience Designers will lead small to medium-scale projects or work in to a UX Director on larger, more complex projects. They will be responsible for their own work, while providing oversight and guidance to more junior team members. They help to define the strategy, objectives and KPIs of each project and will use their core UCD and UX skills to create innovate, impactful solutions. They will be an integral member of the team, driving the vision, design and delivery of great work.
- Brief interpretation - Able to interpret a brief, identify knowledge gaps and validate the objectives and KPIs.
- Planning – Help define and scope the correct tasks and deliverables for a project. Contribute to the overall account strategy and relationship.
- Process – Understand, apply and advocate user-centred design techniques and processes, from project initiation through to on-going product evolution.
- Understanding – Know how to interpret the insights gained from existing and new research, and know how to apply these to a project.
- Research – Plan, set up, and run user testing and research, then report back insights and recommendations.
- Design – Caft clear presentations and UX deliverables that ultimately help create award-winning experiences.
- Software and tools – Confident knowing the right tools to use for each job, and how to use them.
- Client – Help create and deliver impactful client presentations.
- Management - Provide informal support, guidance and mentoring to junior members of the User Experience team.
Qualities And Experience:
- Experience leading UX from the start to the end of a project.
- Experience defining design systems and solving for multiple platforms.
- Experience using UCD and service design processes and techniques.
- Collaborative and pragmatic approach to work.
- Confident explaining designs and solutions to the wider team.
- A natural problem solver – asking the right questions to get to the answer.
- Able to think strategically, creatively and conceptually.
- An eye for detail and strong design skills.
- Understanding of good usability and accessibility practices.
- Able to deliver work to the highest possible standards at all times - on time and within budget.
- Able to clearly and articulately communicate ideas.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment – demonstrating flexibility, adaptability and leadership skills.
- Be responsible for your ongoing learning, research and self-improvement.
- Great understanding of different digital platforms, technologies and content management systems.
- Expert in industry standard design tools – Sketch, Figma, Flinto etc.
- Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field, such as Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design etc. is preferred.
Please include your portfolio link and examples of your work in your application. We are not able to accept applications that do not include a link to your work.
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Interaction Designer - 12 Months FTC
Closing 17 May 2023
- Virgin Media
- perm, freelance, temp to perm
UX Designer - Loyalty & Support
Closing 14 April 2023
- Farringdon / Hybrid
Digital Designer - 6 month FTC
Closing 16 May 2023
- perm, freelance, temp to perm
Want more Senior User Experience Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.