Senior User Experience Designer - 12 Months FTC
The Senior User Experience Designer is responsible for delivering brilliant end-to-end user experiences that makes Virgin Media O2 famous for being easy to do business with.
In this role you will work alongside web designers, developers, product owners, and content-editorial teams to resolve user experience across multiple platforms and devices. You will be responsible for the delivery of user experiences across the Virgin Media O2 website and governance of it.
As part of the Online, Stores, and Supply Chain team, reporting to the Head of Multichannel Creative and User Experience, the User Experience team is accountable for delivering user insight, information architecture, wireframe, prototypes, and user testing required for the Virgin Media O2 websites, e-commerce shop. The team is also responsible for managing external agencies and overseeing any externally built sites for governance and consistency to ensure digital and brand standards are driven across the Virgin Media O2 digital channels.
- Conduct user testing, from paper-based prototyping to full lab-based studies, sometimes using 3rd party vendors, in order to iterate and optimise the user experience
- Assist in defining the information architecture for the website, across all platforms
- Work with the marketing & new business teams to integrate new and existing products and services into easy-to-use and joined-up user experiences
- Work with data and insight teams to utilise both qualitative and quantitative data to generate practical insight, delivering prototypes and lightweight user testing as appropriate
- Contribute to delivering a step change in customer satisfaction ratings through simple & innovative customer experience design & support the delivery of sales & service critical metrics
- Translating business requirements into the "art of the possible" through wireframes, process flows, and prototypes
- Work closely with the technology & delivery teams to support the delivery process, resolving UX challenges as necessary
- Experience in optimising and improving the digital experience by demonstrating customer insights across all touchpoints, embedding a culture of testing, learning, and improving
- Experience in working with change teams to support the extraction of business requirements into user stories, writing supporting process flows and wireframes in collaboration with the Creative Design team
- Solve interaction design problems using analytical, usability testing, and internal and external research
- A background in working with key stakeholders and editorial teams
- Have a track record of working in Agile and Waterfall environments, working to deadlines, and prioritising multiple tasks effectively
What's in it for you?
We know that benefits mean so much more than the 'stuff' we can give you, so we offer a wide range of support, rewards, and tools - all focused on helping you to prioritise what really matters.
All work and no play just isn't our style! We're already planning our future ways of working, for when life becomes a little more normal again. We're constantly evolving our approach to enable you to find a great work-life balance
If you go on to be successful in your application, some of the many benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave, plus UK bank holidays
- A defined contribution pension scheme, run by Fidelity, matched up to 10%.
- Access to well-being benefits such as the Unmind App, personal medical cover (which you can opt to upgrade to cover loved ones), and critical illness cover.
- Your birthday off every year, to treat yourself.
- The option to buy and sell up to 5 days' leave, to suit your personal needs.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you.
Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media family.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 21 May 2023
- Milton Keynes
UX Researcher - Ocado Smart Platform
Closing 28 May 2023
- perm, remote
Senior UX Designer
Closing 27 May 2023
- Maersk Line
Want more Senior User Experience Designer - 12 Months FTC jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.