Senior UX Writer, Google Assistant
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in shaping content for multi-disciplinary projects.
- Portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines.
- Experience in user-focused writing, including work in hardware, software, digital agency, documentation or journalism.
- Experience developing information architecture for complex documentation sets or product suites.
- Experience with localization and accessibility best practices.
- Knowledge of online technology and related products, including web and mobile UI and tools.
- Ability to lead, collaborate and influence (with and without formal authority) engineering, design and product management teams.
About the job:
As a UX writer, you are an advocate for Google design, shaping product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete tasks. You help set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touch points. As a stellar writer, your portfolio of work demonstrates content that simplifies and beautifies the overall user experience. You work with people in a variety of UX design-related jobs including researchers, product managers, engineers, marketing and customer operations. Collaborating with each, you strive to establish cohesive language and a unified voice across products and platforms. You regularly use empathy, logic and data to inform content choices and recommendations that include the right words and sometimes complementary data and images.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Act as a subject matter expert for concise, human-centered writing within the team.
- Work effectively and efficiently with researchers, product managers, engineers, marketing, and customer operations.
- Use logic and data to make content decisions, and act as an expert in your field.
- Question existing terminology, test for comprehension, and push for plain-spoken alternatives.
- Enable cross-functional stakeholders to evolve product strategy conversations and build consensus by demonstrating systems thinking through word lists, style guides, content governance standards, information architecture, voice and tone, etc.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Want more Senior UX Writer, Google Assistant jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Content Author jobs, Feature Writer jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Writer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.