Senior UX Writer (Contract)
Tinder is looking for a Contract Senior UX Writer! As an advocate for our users, this writer will use content strategy, emotional intelligence, and teamwork to help craft our product and find opportunities to build better experiences for our community! This candidate will be proactive, passionate about ambiguity and problem-solving, and have experience balancing multiple projects and prioritizing them to have the greatest impact for their team and the company.
Our ideal candidate will develop creative content for mobile and web interaction flows, as well as both apply and evolve Tinder's style guidelines. As an expert product writer, your portfolio includes examples of how you've defined and simplified user experiences through UI content.
What you'll do:
- Write and edit in-app text to help users navigate our products, including onboarding, feature naming, guide experiences, error messages, and subscription experiences.
- Understand how to manage business requirements and customer needs when building features.
- Evolve our content standards and be a champion for the best course of action.
- Strong ability to prioritize projects with multiple partners across different time zones.
- Collaborate with product managers, product designers, engineers, product marketing, and many others to bring product experiences to life.
- Handle quality control by working cross functionally with legal, localization, and support to ensure our products are appropriately and responsibly launched.
- Build compelling long-term strategies that allow content to scale globally.
- Use metrics and research to give counsel and validate your work.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Technical Writing, UX, and HCI (or equivalent practical experience).
- 4+ years of proven experience in developing creative content for digital tech products.
- UX writing portfolio including, but not limited to: user interface copy, microcopy, user education, direct or transactional emails, style guides or product launch content.
- Self-starter who can manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and stay focused when faced with changing requirements.
- Experience collaborating with Product Management, Design, User Research, Engineering, and Localization teams.
- Experience in trauma informed writing, inclusive writing standards and web content accessibility standards.
- A passionate pursuit to build products for a global audience: not just through translation, but reimagining products so that they’re effective across world cultures.
- Experience with Figma and Sketch.
- Strong curiosity about dating or social app products and the Gen Z audience.
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice.
We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world.
- Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues.
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy.
- A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend.
- Access to mental health resources.
- Fertility preservation benefits.
- No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot.
- Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually.
- Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts.
- The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Sr UI Designer, Central Ops
Closing 31 August 2022
- RELX Group
- perm, from remote
Copywriter, Content Studio
Closing 30 August 2022
- perm, from remote
Senior NLP UX Researcher
Closing 31 August 2022
Want more Senior UX Writer (Contract) jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Content Author jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Writer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.